Garodh's Chorus (quest)
|This article is about the task. For the helm, see Garodh's Chorus (item).|
|Garodh's Chorus [WM1]|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
After picking up a piece of a helm, the Watcher relived part of the childhood of someone named Garodh. For some reason, his soul is unable to return to the Wheel to be reborn, and he thinks that by recovering the rest of his helm and remembering the rest of his tale that he'll be released from his existence.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The quest is acquired by picking up one of two pieces of the broken helm (of a total of 3 pieces), a battered helm or a severed horn. The helmet's owner, Garodh, in his soul form asks the Watcher to find all the parts of the broken helmet. He hopes this will return his soul to The Wheel.
(Swimming race / sea serpent vision)
- Preservation → Say nothing and hide beneath the waves.
- Retaliation → Attack the serpent.
(Creature attack vision)
- Preservation → Dodge past the creature and escape.
- Retaliation → Beckon the creature to attack you. OR Stab the creature.
Sold by the merchant Yduran in Stalwart Village, at his cart near the eastern entrance. He asks 600 for it if you are Honest and tell him that it's part of an artifact, 400 if you simply ask how much to take it off his hands, or 300 if you are Deceptive about the horn's value.
(Enemy tribe combat vision)
- Preservation → Pretend to pass out.
- Retaliation → Take him down with you.
Once you have all three parts, Garodh will remember who he was, and will thank you before returning to the wheel. You gain the unique helm Garodh's Chorus.
Reward[edit | edit source]
The final helmet's enhancements will depend on your choices when accessing each memory:
- If you choose 2 or more defensive/self-preservation/cunning options during the quest, you will receive a helmet with +3 Might and the Preservation enchantment (+50 Defense while Stunned or Prone).
- Otherwise if you chose offensive/sacrificial/aggressive options during the quest, you will receive a helmet with +3 Might and the Retaliation enchantment (6-10 Pierce Damage to characters hitting self). These dialogue options aren't actually counted, it is simply based on whether you pick self-preservation options or not.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|10000||I picked up a piece of a helm and relived part of the childhood of someone named Garodh. For some reason, his soul is unable to return to the Wheel to be reborn, and he thinks that by recovering the rest of his helm and remembering the rest of his tale that he'll be released from his existence.|
|1||Find the other pieces of Garodh's helm.|
|10001||I've located one part of Garodh's helm so far. The other parts are somewhere in the region.|
|20000||One of the parts of Garodh's helm is somewhere in Stalwart Village. I should ask around about it.|
|20001||A part of Garodh's helm is present somewhere in the lower reaches of the cavern held by the Flames-That-Whisper ogre clan.|
|20002||I should search the Great Hall of Durgan's Battery for a part of Garodh's helm.|
|20003||I've recovered two parts of Garodh's Chorus. Only one part still remains.|
|20004||Yduran in Stalwart Village has one of the horns of Garodh's helm for sale.|
|30000||I recovered all the parts of Garodh's Chorus and reforged the helm.|