Pillars of Eternity
|“||[It's] a den of beasts sacred to the Lord of the Hunt himself. Historically, the greatest predator of Eir Glanfath has claimed the back of the Maw as its lair. Lately, however, there's been some dispute as to who should occupy that position.||”|
|~ Desthwn, leader of the Fangs
Background[edit | edit source]
The headquarters of the Fangs, the finest hunters of Eir Glanfath, represents a mix between Engwithan and Glanfathan architecture. It doubles as a temple dedicated to Galawain (thus the name). The Fangs gathered here currently eagerly await the the fight between Oernos and Sul, The Old Queen and the New King. At other times, the Maw is the heart of the Fangs' operations, where they train, live, eat, and prepare to defend Eir Glanfath from foreigners.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- This is a compact area. You enter it via the foyer, filled with Fangs and their companions. Einden will have a short conversation with another Fang as you approach, then move to wait under the column. Larha stands in the small, sand-filled room to the south.
- The opposite chamber is called the Fang's heart and has Desthwn, the leader of the faction, nervously pacing across the tiled floor. Talk to him to receive the key opening all locked doors in the Maw.
- The chambers of the beasts are vast and generally filled with lion clansmen and lions. Sul is found in the northeastern part of the area together with her ally. Oernos appears once you talk to the lioness and decide what to do.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Hidden areas[edit | edit source]
- Mid-map there is a hidden stash of items.
- There are a number of level 10 and 11 traps, mainly in the south and east.
- Hidden under a tile in Galawain's Shrine (north-east corner) is a random item; see Random Loot.
- In a hidden container in the north part of Galawain's Shrine is a scroll of Moonwell, 2 flasks of War Paint, and Camping Supplies.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- A nasty bug may appear when you enter the area, you may become stuck in combat mode (against various units that may not even present anymore), which can't be cured by using an earlier savegame. In this case, you have to turn on "autosave when entering new areas" and when you are in combat, reload this savegame. Combat will be disabled on load, and you can continue.