|Outcomes & Rewards|
Gain the favour of the Wahaki tribe
Fail to gain support from the Wahaki tribe
The Shadow Under Neketaka
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Queen Onekaza has asked me to recruit the Wahaki tribe to her cause. Though confrontational and divisive, she feels that the tribe will prove a critical ally in the contentious days ahead. The tribe can be found on Ori o Koīki, a fiercely protected island of dense jungle, to the northwest of Neketaka.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Ori o Koīki is found to the northwest indeed. Once you get to the island, head west to the lift and speak to Kipeha - a tribe member keeping guard of the lift, she cautions you to head back to your ship (strangely in past-tense). Naturally, she won't be willing to let a bunch of strangers in, but you can convince her with one of the following:
- 1,000 and either the Deadfire Archipelago background or Streetwise 5 (Huana: Minor Positive)
- Diplomacy 8 or Insight 9 to tell her that you desire a "deeper understanding of their tribe" (Pro-Huana) - the checks following don't matter.
- Telling her that Queen Onekaza II wishes an alliance with the Wahaki - using the treaty phrase "Over crumbling mountains, across blighted seas". If you fail to recall the phrase, she'll fire an arrow at your head (you can dodge it with Athletics 7) and put the tribe on alert.
- If you've started the concurrent quest Tip of the Spear, you can warn them that the Crookspur slavers seek vengeance against the Wahiki tribe - the checks following don't matter.
- Gain access to the ranga and talk to her to learn the terms: Wipe out the slavers at Crookspur and in return, she will support the Crown.
- After clearing out the slavers, and in the wake of rauataian warships taking over Crookspur island, you have to pass a skill check (4 Streetwise / 5 Diplomacy) for her to accept the authority or queen Onekaza.
- This starts the quest Cruel Cargo. Complete this quest then return to the queen for your reward; 2,500 and Major Positive reputation with Huana.
- Otherwise, if you failed to gain access, started combat with the tribe, or if Ruāsare is killed, the quest will be over and you'll be forced to explain yourself to the Queen.