Fragments of a Scattered Faith
From Pillars of Eternity Wiki
|Fragments of a Scattered Faith|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Finish the quest
Overview[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Acquire Edér as a companion in Gilded Vale. Further quest section will require that he is in your current party.
- Have him in your party when you kill Maerwald in Caed Nua.
- Speak to the Records Keeper in the Ducal Palace in First Fires. If you have at least Hero (Moderately Good) reputation in Defiance Bay he will give you access to the military records you need. Intimidating him with a Might 16 check will not cause him to yield the records, but also won't prevent you from getting them later when you have the requisite reputation.
- If you have at least 17 Perception, you will notice that the Records Keeper's accent is not native to Dyrwood, and he is likely from Readceras. This opens a Resolve 17 option to bypass the reputation requirement. At 19 perception, you also notice imprints of shackles on him; this opens a Lore 5 option.
- Travel to Clîaban Rilag. On the river in the west is a small camp at which you have to loot the Readceran Standard Piece.
- Bug: If you don't have Edér in your party when looting the standard piece the quest status will not progress past this point. This will also prevent one of the bounty targets from spawning at this location, keeping you from also progressing the bounties past the second batch.Verify
- Have a Cipher analyse the Standard piece. This can be done by Grieving Mother, or by Lady Webb or Kurren in Hadret House. Alternatively, if you are without Grieving Mother and have progressed past Defiance Bay, you can find a Fangs Mind Hunter in Old Song of Twin Elms located by the water and jetties on the Western side of the map who will de-cipher it for you.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Journal[edit | edit source]
|10000||Edér has agreed to travel with me. He seemed to have some questions he thought a Watcher might be able to answer.|
|1||Bring Edér to speak with Maerwald.|
|10001||After telling Edér that I was headed for Caed Nua to see its lord, an old Watcher named Maerwald, he expressed that there were things he'd like to ask Maerwald as well.|
|20003||Maerwald was not in any condition to answer questions when we found him. Edér will have to decide how to proceed from here.|
|2||Travel with Edér to the records archive.|
|10002||Edér believes he may be able to find more about the circumstances of his brother's death in Defiance Bay. He suggested there might be records of the Saint's War in an archive in the ducal palace.|
|20000||The records keeper was unwilling to show us records from the Saint's War, citing concerns about vengeful Dyrwoodans hunting down Readceran refugees. He said things might be different were my reputation in the city stronger.|
|20004||I approached the records keeper, but the rioting just outside the palace had him preoccupied. I wil have to wait for a better time.|
|3||Seek out the Saint's War battlefield with Edér.|
|10003||Edér's brother Woden fought for Readceras and died in a battle at Clîaban Rilag. He wants to see the battlefield.|
|4||Search the battlefield for signs of the Saint's War.|
|10004||Edér admits he isn't sure what he is looking for here. He is hoping for some sign of his brother's presence here that might provide a clue as to why he fought for Readceras.|
|5||Bring the battle artifact to a cipher.|
|10005||I found a steel ornament that once capped a standard of Readceras during the Saint's War. The object is useless by itself, but it is possible that in the hands of a cipher it could be more telling.|
|20001||Dunryd Row would seem to be a promising place to go, as its cipher agents specialize in this sort of work.|
|20002||With Dunryd Row no longer an option, I may have to look to Twin Elms for the help I need.|
|30000||✓||We were able to confirm that Edér's brother Woden fought for Readceras, and had even met Waidwen himself prior to enlisting. But his actual reasons for doing so were lost. Edér will likely never know what inspired his brother to change his allegiance.|
|30001||✗||Edér has died, and his concerns will be pursued no further.|
|30002||✗||It is unlikely we will be able to find a cipher capable of reading the standard piece we found in Clîaban Rilag.|