Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The White March - Part I
Px1 0101 ogre camp 01
Px1 0102 ogre camp 02
Flames-That-Whisper caverns are the seat of the eponymous crag ogre clan in The White March - Part I.
Background[edit | edit source]
These winding caves are used as shelter for the Flames-That-Whisper crag ogre clan. They are filled with their bedrolls, trophies, and the odd carved skull.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- Upper cavern
- An area filled with ogres. The entrance to the lower level is to the far notheast. The corridor on the northeastern corner of the map contains a large camp with several ogres and canoneers, so be wary. To the southeast is yet another camp with more ogres, pondering cuisine. All containers are marked as owned.
- In the center of the map is a large opening that you can interact with. This opens up a scripted interaction where you can use a grappling hook to climb down
- Half-way down you will find an outcropping with a traveler's bones. At this point you can try to swing for the outcropping, but doing so will cause the hook to give way. A character with Dexterity 16 can climb up the chute to re-secure the hook. This will allow you to take Golden Gaze from a bag buried among the bones.
- If you ignore the outcropping, you can just keep on climbing down to arrive at the lower level.
- If you end up in free-fall, a priest with Armor of Faith can protect the party from damage (bruised ribs for all). Having Dragon Leap unlocked allows you to protect yourself.
- Behind the locked door is the scrying room. You need the key from the fishery to access it and confront the matron.
- Lower cavern
- The lower level is populated by lagufaeths and is divided into several discrete sections. If you use the stairs, you start in the south-eastern part with the ogre armories a short walk to the north and the south. The ogre mine is in the southeastern part of this section. The rest of the area is connected by a single central chamber with magical pillars.
- The northwestern corridor is trapped with a pair of magical pillars linked to a tripwire. Mechanics 9 will see you safely across them. The two-trap corridor to the northwest leads to a room with ice blights and stairs leading to the matron's chambers.
- The south-western section has a large central pool that acts as the ogre fishery. The lizards patrol its edges, with the exit point for the ice chute to the south-east. The hidden gap near the glowing pillars has the unique Wayfarer's Hide. Check the bodies of the ogres for the scrying chamber key.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Matron Beregan: The leader of the ogre tribe.
Related Quests[edit | edit source]
White March Story[edit | edit source]
Task[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Upper Caverns[edit | edit source]
Chest: (Difficulty 7)
Crate: (Difficulty 8)
- 3x Sugar
Chest: (Difficulty 10)
- 1x Archer's Gloves
- 1x Belt of Bountiful Healing
- 1x Scroll of Missile Barrage
- 1x Scroll of Valor
- 1x Sapphire
- 1x Ruby
Lower Caverns[edit | edit source]
Skeleton: [Hidden stash in the southwestern corner]
- 1x Severed Horn
Chest: (Difficulty 6)
Chest: (Difficulty 9)
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- Golden Gaze: On the outcropping in the ice chute.