|“||Politics, infighting, greed. And a shrine to Magran as well. Her clergy belongs there.||”|
First Fires is the government district of Defiance Bay.
Background[edit | edit source]
The government district, named as such to commemorate it as the place where the revolution started. It hosts the Ducal Palace, Vailian embassy, and Crucible Keep. An old, derelict temple of Woedica is also present, deliberately left to rot and decay.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- This is a central hub map, connecting all four of the main districts of Defiance Bay. In the center is a crier, the local news network, standing next to a ruined tower, otherwise the notable characters are located inside the buildings. That said...
- Approach the temple of Woedica and you can encounter a ghost, belonging to lord Adwellen Rügfald III, who is a crucial part of the main quest.
Companion reactions[edit | edit source]
Some companions have a special comment upon visiting the Temple of Woedica:
- Aloth: "This looks like the place Maerwald described."
- Sagani: "Is this the old church you were looking for?"
- Kana Rua: "This would be the temple Maerwald spoke of. Or what remains of it."
- Hiravias: "This was once hallowed ground for Woedica's faithful. I wonder how long it's been abandoned..."
- Edér: "This'd be our church of Woedica. Heh, Dyrwoodans. Probably the first thing we burned during the revolution."
Two companions have a special comment upon reaching the Ducal Palace:
- Durance: "Politics, infighting, greed. And a shrine to Magran as well. Her clergy belongs there."
- Grieving Mother: "Too many... minds here, all shallow."
Durance has a special comment upon reaching the Vailian Embassy:
- Durance: "All these circling feet, heading nowhere."