Engwithan dig site
Background[edit | edit source]
This former Engwithan combat arena has been unearthed by the VTC in pursuit of luminous adra and converted into a major adra refining center. That is, until the reborn Eothas literally stomped through the area, consuming the people's souls and exploiting the adra.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- You come across a familiar sight immediately after entering: Ashen husk, left behind by Eothas' sucking out their souls. With Xoti in the party, she will offer to perform a ritual to guide souls to the afterlife... Except Eothas sucked out their souls. You can explain that With 5 Intellect or Metaphysics 3. Allowing her a little indulgence helps with your relationship with her.
- The road along the rim of the excavation leads through a number of plants and a ladder you can take down. The first level of the stands is mostly empty, except for Gosha (abandoned cat) lurking in their northern part. The side exit leads to the ancient training hall (the interior of the location).
- The lower section, just above the fighting pit, has a few wurms and an exit to the luminous adra pool. The husks have minor amounts of cash, while the desk holds a scrawled note .
- In the fighting pit are several young panthers and the local animancers, locked inside a cage. The cage was built to protect them from surges in the luminous adra - and proved to be useful for protection against Eothas and his soul-sucking abilities. Furthermore, you'll meet a familiar face among the animancers, Engferth.
- To advance the quest and figure out what happened to Oderisi, you need to visit the arena sub-level.
- There are three interiors at the dig site, all part of the same map. The ancient training hall has the Bracers of Accuracy and a few skeletal warriors, plus a wealth of fire traps (good for experience, less so for your health).
- The luminous adra pool is where the company excavated adra for processing. It has minor, but valuable loot, some brine imps, and a wurm.
- The foreman's office holds, well, the foreman's workspace, and contains the note to Foreman and a Champion's Medallion.