Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 9
|Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 9|
Pillars of Eternity
Background[edit | edit source]
The ossuary is a terrifying fragment of the Endless Paths. Apparently desiring to test the limits of body and soul, the Engwithans embarked on a journey of torture and mutilation. The chambers are filled with a variety of torture gear, including iron maidens, racks, crosses, and a frightening collection of tools for causing pain and suffering. The pits are filled with the bones of Od Nua's subjects, tortured to death in an orgy of murder, all in the pursuit of Maros Nua's soul.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- This is a large and somewhat arduous area. The large room to the northeast is filled with spikes that deal 10 damage every few steps (bypassing protection). The room contains minor loot (in the southeastern-most cage), a unique spear Danulya (on the impaled skeleton), and a small bronze key (in the cage closest to said skeleton), which can be used to open the locked cage in the northeastern corner, containing an old copper key. The key allows you to bypass the spike-filled area by unlocking the central chamber, a torture room with a banshee and several specters. Alternatively this door can also be opened with Mechanics 11 or above.
- Through that room lies a corridor leading deeper into the house of horrors, with a vithrack signaling the beginning of your struggle against the spiders. The adjacent hidden door is activated by using a hidden switch (Mechanics 9 required) in the circular engraving on the opposite wall and contains the broken blade.
- The corridor slowly leads to the exit, weaving through two large confrontations with vithrack, beetles, and a variety of natural casters. The room with the spike pit contains the spikes down, while around the bend is the nest of the natural pestilences on this floor.
- The stairs to Level 10 can be found near the middle of the south edge.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Spike Room[edit | edit source]
- 1x Danulya
Cage: (Difficulty 9, or with the aformentioned key)
Torture room[edit | edit source]
- 4x Lockpick
- 2x Topaz
Secrets[edit | edit source]
There's a hidden switch in the east passage on the Engwithan symbol (Mechanics 8 required).
There is also a hidden treasure inside a third sarcophagus in the torture room (Mechanics 9 required).
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The player was originally supposed to find and destroy Engwithan machines to weaken a shade that would be located in the center and guard passage to the lower level. Apart from being a scripting nightmare, the area also lacked direction, making the encounters frustrating.