Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 5
|Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 5|
Pillars of Eternity
|“||Great honor. Strength for lizards. Blood for painting. Good fortune. All this, I give. I am merciful and great.||”|
|~ The Drake
Background[edit | edit source]
The roughly-carved catacombs continue here, much less beautiful than the Aedyre catacombs spreading above. It's also the heart of the xaurip infestation, worshipping a drake who makes its lair here.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- There's not a whole lot to see on this floor. Mostly you'll be hacking your way through parties of Xaurip, but you will need to defeat a Drake before you can exit the floor.
- If you jumped down here from Level 2, the Drake is just to the north and you should probably not go that way first unless you already have a strong party.
- Otherwise you're entering from Level 4 in the southeast corner of the map. Fight your way to the Master Staircase just north of where you came in, then wrap around to the south. You can find a set of Camping Supplies along the way.
- In the middle room with the locked door there's a hidden brick that unlocks it and opens a side room. In there you'll find the Ornate Sword Hilt and some additional treasure.
- The drake is an arrogant, prideful creature that will boast of its greatness and how it was made lord of the level by the Master below. The xaurips flanking it will all agree that he looks good in black and eating them. At any rate, it is a difficult fight, similar to but not as hard as Cael the Silent. He has several helpers but you should be able to dispatch them.
- The stairs to level 6 are just behind the drake.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Bonepile: [Hidden stash near the drake]
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- There's a hidden switch in the middle connection room, opening the door to the treasure room.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- This location is the only major map that was made using a recycled location render, namely one belonging to the Temple of Woedica. Although it ended up being distinct in many ways, Obsidian scrapped the idea of reusing maps on a broader scale, with this being the only artifact (small interiors were the exception).