Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 4
|Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 4|
Pillars of Eternity
Background[edit | edit source]
The lowest level of the Aedyran catacombs, transitioning slowly into the ancient Engwithan ruins. The head of the massive adra statue is located here, marking the terminus of Aedyran reach.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- You descend into the level and enter an old storage chamber for the catacombs, with an old Aedyre horror story on the table, as its original owner left it.
- The lower passage leads to a troll-infested ossuarium, with a passage snaking along the southern edge of the map and leading to a small, ruined library with the Bloodstone Overseer Seal and the Expedition Log Page starting Seals of the Endless Paths. The passageways beyond connect to the cavern with the statue's head.
- The other exit from the entrance, as well as the passage northwest from the stairs, lead to a bridge across the chasm and the cavernous area where the statue's head is located. The group of slimes and beetles carries the Resolution saber, probably swallowed along with the owner.
- The exit to level 5 is in the north-eastern corner.
Companion reactions[edit | edit source]
Some companions have a special comment upon inspecting the statue:
- Aloth: "Now that's just tacky."
- Kana Rua: "Incredible... Solid adra, hewn like marble. No - not carved. Shaped."
- Hiravias: "Amazing... only the Builders themselves could assemble such a massive adra structure... but why?"
- Pallegina: "It's beautiful, but what is it? Why would the Engwithans build such a thing?"
- Sagani: "That must've taken somebody a very long time."
- Grieving Mother: "This place was cruelly shaped, not born."
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- 1x Random Drug
- 1x Persistence
Debris: [Hidden stash near the Statuehead]
Bonepile: [Hidden stash near the stairs to the next level]
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- Resolution on a greater black Ooze east of the head of the statue,necessary for the statue on level 3.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The bridge in the center of the map was supposed to collapse in a scripted interaction, allowing the player to bypass a chunk of the dungeon. However, in the interest of the developers' sanity and encouraging exploration, this functionality was scrapped as it implied the levels were not worthy of exploration and introduced a slew of design headaches.