Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 3
|Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 3|
Pillars of Eternity
Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 3 is an area in Pillars of Eternity.
Background[edit | edit source]
The lower level of Aedyran catacombs beneath Caed Nua, these house a large ogre population that used to live here peacefully, preying on the xaurips from the level above. The recent pestilence that gripped the lizards has caused the ogres to abandon that source of sustenance and turn to another: Each other.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- Almost all of the battles on this level will be difficult for a low-level party. One Ogre is doable, but often you will fight more than one at once, and there are several Ogre Druids as well. You will need at least two fighters and possibly three, as well as strong spell support, to clear the level. Thulgar's stash has a set of Camping Supplies, which may come in handy.
- As you cross the bridge opposite Thulgar, there is one Ogre patrolling to your right (North) and two to your left (South). Take out the patrolling one first so he doesn't sneak up on you while you're attacking the other two. Once you've cleared these three, go slightly North and cross the bridge to your right. You'll find the Earl of Yenwood's tomb. You can't do anything here right now, but you can unlock this with Resolution; also, see the Notable Loot section below.
- If you're ready to take on Zolla (you probably aren't), go South and West. There is an Ogre guard here, and attacking him will probably bring Zolla and the Ogre Druid into the battle.
- Otherwise, your next assault is on three Ogres to the North. They move slowly, so do as much damage as you can from distance before they close to melee. If you get past them, you can find the Master Stairs that take you back to Level 1 or Caed Nua.
- South of the Master Stairs there are two more groups of Ogres, each of which has two fighters and a Druid. These are difficult combats. Use the segment of broken wall as a choke point. (For bonus points, set a trap there for the Ogres to walk into. There are a handful of traps in this room, if you didn't bring any with you.) If you get lucky, only one of the Ogres will be able to attack you at a time, and you can concentrate fire and spells on the Druid while holding off the fighter. If both Ogres and the Druid can all attack you at once, you're in for a world of hurt.
- Once you get past these two fights, there is one more Ogre patrolling the hallway to the West. You'll pass a room to the West with some Black Oozes; this room also has the stairs down to Level 4.
- All that's left is the final confrontation with Zolla. Good luck. When you beat her, take her torc back to Thulgar to complete the quest.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- 2x Lockpick
- 1x Random Drug
Debris: [Hidden stash on the broken wall north of the Black Oozes]
- 1x Random Gem
Bonepile: [Hidden stash next to Zolla's throne]
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- Rundl's Finery: Reward for completing Desperate Measures.
- Llawran's Stick: Fetch Resolution from Level 4 and bring it to the Earl of Yenwood's statue.
Make sure it's in your inventory (not equipped), then approach the statue and place it in the Earl's hand to open a secret door.
Raid the Earl's tomb for Llawran's Stick, then pick up Resolution again.
( Remark: If you enchant Resolution before placing it in the statue's hand, the enchantments will disappear when you pick it up again.)