Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 2
|Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 2|
Pillars of Eternity
Background[edit | edit source]
Ruins start right below the lowest point of Caed Nua. This level once served as a burial ground, judging by the recesses, and was recently taken over by xaurips, seeking to serve the wyrms and drakes populating the lower levels.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- This is a xaurip-infested area, as the name suggests and an introduction to what waits below: lots and lots of enemies. The effigy by the entrance marks xaurip territory, but that won't dissuade you from invading it.
- Following the northeastern corridor you'll reach a room with a dying xaurip with strange discoloration on its scales. You can put it out of its misery (Hiravias will remark it's merciful). In the adjacent corridor, once you clear it of reptiles, you can save a freshly hatched Tiny White Wurm (inspect the broken egg). Further down the corridor, in the north-eastern corner, are stairs to level 3.
- The small room next to the stairs, with a dead body, contains a trap in the doorframe, the unique breastplate "Hand and Key", and a note: Faramund's curse.
- The center of the level contains a xaurip sacrificial pit, where the high priest is in the middle of conducting a sacrifice. Blood-spattered xaurips fill the room, dabbing themselves with blood before joining the rites. The xaurip high priest, wearing the long skull of a young drake, leads the ceremony. They attack immediately.
- The Xaurip High Priest and her honor guard stand around a pit, which provides a one-way passage to the Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 5, which contains much higher level monsters than those in level 2, so be warned. To the left of the pit, on a hidden corpse, is the unique rapier "Measured Restraint".
- The room in the south-western corner contains the high priest's camp. The trapped tent contains the Broken Blade (upper half), part of The Blade of the Endless Paths quest.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- 1x Lockpick
Bone Pile: [Hidden stash near the drake shell's]
Skeleton: [Hidden stash next to the Sacrificial Pit]
Secrets[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Level 2 was part of the vertical slice for the Endless Paths, containing all of its distinctive elements, such as varied combat encounters for all difficulties, unique scenery, and design that fed into the overall narrative of the Endless Paths.