Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 15
|Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 15|
Pillars of Eternity
Background[edit | edit source]
Situated over a well of souls created by the confluence of adra veins that then pass on into the heart of the world, this is the deepest level of the Endless Paths, where the construction of the great titan of Od Nua began. Sealed away for two millenia by Od Nua's power, it became the safe domain of the most powerful creature in all of Eora: The adra dragon.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
From where you enter, you have to travel north-east to a short set of stairs, then south-east. At this point, there are some glowing portals containing 2 Adra Bán and 2 Rubies. Unless you are moving very stealthily, 3 Xaurip will attack you here.
Down another set of steps to the south on the west side are 3 Xaurip.
Heading towards the center of the area, you will see the feet of the giant statue whose head you found near the top level. Then to the south-east, you will encounter a set of ruined steps. A scripted interaction allows you to climb down these safely. You can return the same way. The area to the south-west of this point is empty.
Proceeding to the center of this map, you encounter an Adra Dragon - the Master Below. You can conduct a conversation with it. You learn that she entered as a hatchling, and has absorbed the souls of those who died here since, and is also feeding off the giant statue.
- With Perception 16, you can learn that eventually the Adra in the giant statue will run out, and she will die.
- You can offer to help her leave, by transferring her soul to another vessel. For this purpose, you get The Dragon's Amulet (also referred to as an Adra dragon scale).
- With Resolve 18, ...you tell the dragon she will die if she fights you. She agrees you are strong, and will be an interesting soul once joined to the chorus. This grants 9k xp (on normal) and begins the fight with the dragon.
- Otherwise, you will fight a very tough battle with her and some other creatures.
At this point, you gain a huge amount of experience.
If you offered to help the dragon, turn back, and see The Master Below for the remainder of this quest.
- If you continue to the south-east before completing the quest, ignoring a warning, you will encounter two Xaurip Champions, and the Adra Dragon will be drawn into the battle, terminating the quest. In this case, your life will be a bit easier if you dispatch the Xaurip first.
To the east is the dragon's hoard, which can be accessed when The Master Below is complete. It contains several pieces of unique equipment and a few thousand copper.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Notable Loot[edit | edit source]
- 1x Adra Ban
- 2x Ruby
- 1x Sapphire
- 1x Emerald