Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 13
|Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 13|
Pillars of Eternity
The items needed for The Master's Tools are located in this level.
Background[edit | edit source]
The heart of Od Nua's reign, where his throne room, animat manufacturing facilities, and the passageway to the bottom of the titan and the well of souls are located. Sealed for centuries in the wake of Od Nua's defeat, the hallways are still stalked by banshees and the Children of the Wheel: Animats bearing the willing souls of Od Nua's servants and soldiers.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The stairs to Level 14 are inside the room behind the locked door in the center of this area. To proceed to the next level of the dungeon you must have learned the Engwithan language as part of the Undying Heritage questline.
- The Ancient Engwithan Machine Part needed for The Master's Tools can be found in a room directly north of where you enter from Level 12. The room is protected by 3 traps. The middle trap has a high level of difficulty (12).
- North-east of the entrance is a round room containing several non-hostile Spirits and a Sapphire. If you have learned to speak Engwithan, you can talk to one of them.
- At the north-west corner is a room with four Adra Animats and some loot.
- At the center of the north edge is a room with four Adra Animats, some loot (Emerald), and the Animat Shell needed for The Master's Tools.
- At the center of the area is a room with four traps and a locked door. The middle trap has a high level of difficulty (12). The door requires specific knowledge to open.
- West of center on the south edge is a room with two Animats, two Adra Animats, and some loot (Sapphire). After you have dispatched the Animats, some spirits appear. Talk to one to find out something about the locked door. They planned to change its purpose to stop Od Nua.
- East of center of the south edge is a passage with one Adra Animat and some loot (Svef). Through that is a room with three Animats and one Adra Animat.
- North-east of the room above, at the east edge, is a room with three Animats and two Adra Animats, and some loot: Scroll of Missile Barrage, Emerald, Sapphire, Camping Supplies.
- At the center of the east edge is a passage. On the west side of the passage is a room containing the following:
- At the north end of the passage on the east side is a round room with 3 Cean Gŵla and two Spectres.
- There is a spirit you can talk to. If you ask the spirit the words to open the door he will say:
- "I am a servant to Od Nua. My sword arm is pledged against his enemies. My soul is sworn to his purpose."
- After you have spoken to all of the spirits, return to the locked door in the center of this area. You will be presented with several choices.
- Most do nothing.
- If you swear that you are an ally of Od Nua, as the last spirit said, you will be struck with a lashing arc of energy (which will give the player character fatigue), and the door will remain closed. You can try again.
- If you swear the opposite ("I am enemy to Od Nua. My sword arm is pledged against his followers. My soul is sworn to this purpose."), the door will open.
- In the room behind the locked door, you will fight 4 Adra Animats and the Guardian of Od Nua. From the latter's body you can loot Edge of Reason, a unique battle axe. In the northwestern corner of this room there's a vase, only detectable in Scouting Mode (possible at least with Mechanics 12), containing random loot. At the north-east of this room are the stairs to Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 14.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Cracked Animat Armor:
- 1x Adra Shell
Shelf: [Hidden stash on the westwall]
Loose Brick: [Hidden stash next to the Crystal]