Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 1
|Endless Paths of Od Nua Level 1|
Pillars of Eternity
Background[edit | edit source]
The topmost level of the Endless Paths marks the boundary of the keep of Caed Nua and its lowest point. These vast halls once served as storerooms and workshops, before being taken over by creatures crawling out from the lower levels.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The stairs to Level 2 are located in a room at the south-east corner. Access to the Master Staircase is blocked by a door near the center of the west edge. The switch to open this door is a stone on the floor that can only be accessed from the Master Staircase, e.g., from Level 3.
- Straight ahead from the corridor leading to Maerwald's quarters is a storage room with some wood beetles.
- The room to the south-east contains an old storage area and workshop, with spiders and xaurips. One of the crates contains random loot.
- Both storerooms connect to a large, cavernous corridor that bisects the entire level of the Endless Paths.
- The central part of the northern end of the map has a large party of looters, together with a friendly bunch of spiders nearby, eager to join the fight. They drop minor loot (including the frog helm).
- At the north-west corner is the right hand of a giant Adra Statue. It has no function when you first encounter it. Later it is part of the quest The Master Below.
- The western part of the level is dominated by the topmost layer of the Engwithan ruins spreading below Caed Nua. Oh, and a lovely spider queen.
- Finally, the exit is right through the hand.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Maerwald, the current owner of the keep.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- During the Quest The Old Watcher
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Chest: (Difficulty 2)
Chest: (Difficulty 3)
- 1x Sword
- 1x Tiny Spider
Bonepile: [Secret stash near the stairs to Level II]
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- The Xaurips in the southeastern part drop a Heavy Iron Key for Maerwald's Door.
- In the northern part near the looters is a hidden stonebrick opening a secret door to Maerwald's Room.
- The Stiletto Oidhreacht from the Spider Queen.