Dyrwood (DEER-wood) is the Aedyr name for the forest north and west of the Bael River. It was named so by the Aedyr ("people of the deer") colonists who landed here, and considered the abundant deer found in the forest a good sign. Dyrwood forest is part of the Free Palatinate of Dyrwood.
Rural communities in the Dyrwood tend to have Romanesque/Norman architecture, with Renaissance features (e.g. domes, symmetrical façades) found in large urban centers. Previous colonial cultures also tried to settle in the Dyrwood and their ruins tend to be more traditionally "Medieval". In the village Dyrford, the buildings are vaguely Romanesque with a few Renaissance features, but they are built adjacent to much older, rougher remnants of a castle and bridges from centuries ago.
Ingame Books[edit | edit source]
- The Dyrwood, Part 1: Early Colonial History
- The Dyrwood, Part 2: The Broken Stone War
- The Dyrwood, Part 3: The War of Black Trees and the Rise of Admeth Hadret
- The Dyrwood, Part 4: Hadret's Rebellion
- The Dyrwood, Part 5: The Proliferation of Animancy
- The Dyrwood, Part 6: The Saint's War and Waidwen's Legacy