Pillars of Eternity
Dyrford Crossing is a wilderness area in Pillars of Eternity.
Background[edit | edit source]
A notable crossing over the river near Dyrford, leaning against the surrounding mountains, this is a large, wild area that's filled with threats to the adventurer's well-being.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- Immediately to the north and south of the entrance are groups of bugs for letting of stress before following the road to the exit to Clîaban Rilag. Further south from the entrance is one of two crossings over the river.
- The central crossing leads to a ruined statue. Interacting with it allows you to try to pick the lock in the skull, gouge a hole in the statue using the hammer and chisel, or use brute strength to force it to open. This allows access to Dyrford Ruins. The key is located in the ogre's cave.
- The ogre's cave, located to the south-east over the river, is filled with spiders and an ogre. The cave has two exits: the one you came in through, and a second leading to an upper level with a dead cultist of Skaen with a tattered note and a skull key. A spider queen resides to the northeast, while the ogre Korgrak is to the south-east (and has delightful interior decoration skills). Korgrak is not immediately hostile and will provide a different look at the things he's accused of (well, things he does). He's a potential stronghold recruit.
- To the northeast lies the dragon nest needed for the task Nest Egg. After fighting your way through the wurms, you encounter the Iron Brand.
- Going to the southeast leads to a plateau with wurms and then some lurkers, banshees, and a corpse with Boots of the Long March.
- The south-western corner contains the ruins of the old Dyrford keep, with lots of wolves and minor loot. Brynlod can be found here during his bounty.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Sevis, Raolf, Norgar, Elfya, Blissa and Talyna: The Iron Brand adventurers seeking a dragon egg.
- Brynlod: Found in the southwest with his coterie during Bounty: Brynlod.
- Korgrak: A meddlesome ogre (in the cave to the southeast).
Companion reactions[edit | edit source]
- Aloth: "After you. I insist."
- Sagani: "Where do you suppose this leads?"
- Kana Rua: "Aha! That's done it. And now we need only descend these treacherous steps into murky darkness."
- Grieving Mother: "There are beasts here... they are animals, in human form."
- Durance: "The air smells of blood and cowardly loathing. I'll be the effigy if this isn't some nest for the Quiet Slave's skulking vermin."
- Aloth: "It could be worse. There could be more bones."
- Sagani: "I'm going to guess that whatever lives here gets very, very hungry."
- Kana Rua: "Orlan, human... Oh, and some aumaua bones..."
- Hiravias: "The sad thing is, these bone piles look like the sort of mess I leave whenever I camp in one place for too long.... I should probably eat more vegetables."
- Grieving Mother: "I can see this place through your eyes... we should take care."
- Edér: "Someone's a messy eater."
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Side quest[edit | edit source]
- Blood Legacy: Find Lady Aelys Harond, the daughter of Lord Harond.
- A Farmer's Plight: A farmer's pig was stolen by an Ogre and you need to find it.
Tasks[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Animals[edit | edit source]
Loot[edit | edit source]
Starting from the top left entrance, counter-clockwise:
Loose Brick (in the a ruined tower by the southwest corner):
Loose Brick (hidden, in the smaller ruined tower to the east)
Skeleton (hidden stash in front of the ogre cave):
Corpse (dead body on a ledge near the second cave exit):
Dead Adventurer (near the wurms):