Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Background[edit | edit source]
This sinister keep belongs to the infamous Crookspur slavers. Although slavery is illegal in the Deadfire Archipelago, the region is too vast to be adequately policed. Slavers operate at the fringes of contested waters and are quick to take advantage of an isolated Huana tribe or foreign ship in trouble. Crookspur is a hub for all slave traffic in the region, allowing wealthy buyers within the archipelago to import chattel from abroad.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- If you clear the fort out, Rauatai forces will occupy it.
- You land in the area to the southeast, using the dinghy. A woman by the name of Seafol will immediately talk to you if you move through the encampment to the west. There's also a merchant there who grants access to recruits and carries the unique Helm of the Falcon and other items.
- There are two main ways into the fortress: By the main gate and through the sea cave. The main gate is operated by an ogre cannoneer. When you approach it, he will accost you and say that the auction is almost over. You can hurry him on and enter the keep, just in time to see the last slave being auctioned by Auctioneer Marcca: Handsome Eliam. The fort itself is a central courtyard surrounded by battlements, which means that if you screw up, you'll be at risk of being attacked from every side. The exit to the fort is to the northeast, while you can also skip directly to the dungeons through the ladder.
- This is a luxurious area with a cerntral office belonging to Master Kua, head of the slavers, surrounded by a lengthy corridor, with the exit to the dungeons in the southwest.
- The dungeons are a bit maze-like, with the exits located to the northeast (courtyard; this turns the fort hostile), northwest (fort; this also turns the fort hostile), and southwest (to Crookspur cavern, this allows for stealthily coming and going). Slavers both human and ogre patrol the corridors and will alert the entire fort if turned hostile. Bauha is in the cell to the southwest and can be rescued or used to incite a general slave uprising, clearing the way to the master.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Master Kua, head of the slavers.
- Seafol, thief merchant and an agent of Aeldys.
- Auctioneer Marcca, the salesman of the slavers.
- Handsome Eliam, a death godlike slave.
- Taskmaster Grom, an ogre torturer.