Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Background[edit | edit source]
This sinister keep belongs to the infamous Crookspur slavers. Although slavery is illegal in the Deadfire Archipelago, the region is too vast to be adequately policed. Slavers operate at the fringes of contested waters and are quick to take advantage of an isolated Huana tribe or foreign ship in trouble. Crookspur is a hub for all slave traffic in the region, allowing wealthy buyers within the archipelago to import chattel from abroad.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- You land in the area to the southeast, using the dinghy. A woman by the name of Seafol will immediately talk to you if you move through the encampment to the west. There's also a merchant there who grants access to recruits and carries the unique Helm of the Falcon and other items.
- There are two main ways into the fortress: By the main gate and through the sea cave. The main gate is operated by an ogre cannoneer. When you approach it, he will accost you and say that the auction is almost over. You can hurry him on and enter the keep, just in time to see the last slave being auctioned by Auctioneer Marcca: Handsome Eliam. The fort itself is a central courtyard surrounded by battlements, which means that if you screw up, you'll be at risk of being attacked from every side. The exit to the fort is to the northeast, while you can also skip directly to the dungeons through the ladder.
- This is a luxurious area with a central office belonging to Master Kua, head of the slavers, surrounded by a lengthy corridor, with the exit to the dungeons in the southwest.
- The dungeons are a bit maze-like, with the exits located to the northeast (courtyard; this turns the fort hostile), northwest (fort; this also turns the fort hostile), and southwest (to the Sea Cave, this allows for stealthily coming and going). Slavers both human and ogre patrol the corridors and will alert the entire fort if turned hostile. Bauha is in the cell to the southwest and can be rescued or used to incite a general slave uprising, clearing the way to the master.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Merchant, sells unique items, lists adventurers and crew for hire.
- Seafol, thief, merchant, and an agent of Aeldys.
- Auctioneer Marcca, the salesman of the slavers.
- Handsome Eliam, a death godlike slave.
- Master Kua, head of the slavers.
- Taskmaster Grom, an ogre torturer.
- Bauha, Wahaki tribe warrior, locked in the dungeons.
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Helm of the Falcon, Patinated Plate, Grave Calling: Sold by the generic merchant at the encampment.
- Misty: On the ramparts to the west.
- Rex: On the ramparts to the east.
- The Willbreaker: In the dungeons, on a weapon rack to the north.
- Shining Bulwark: In the fort interior, on a weapon rack to the east.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Crookspur is a major crossover point between a number of faction quests (similar to Storms of Poko Kohara), all of which can be run concurrently to each other, and involve the feud between the Crookspur slavers, and the Wahaki tribe islanders of Ori o Koīki. For the most part, these quests are split into two categories.
- Assist the Crookspur slavers
- Of Like Minds (Príncipi / VTC) - Follow Director Castols orders, and assist the Príncipi by assisting the Crookspur slavers.
- A Shrewd Proposition (Príncipi / VTC) - Side with Captain Furrante and help him earn the loyalty of the Crookspur slavers (and gain the political favor of a "business partner" of the VTC) by assisting the slavers with a problem with the locals.
- Tip of the Spear: Assassinate the three Wahiki tribe leaders on Ori o Koīki. This will cause Fruitful Alliance to fail.
- Get rid of the slavers (and free the slaves)
- A Shrewd Proposition (Príncipi) - Side with Captain Aeldys by freeing the slavers to disrupt Furrante's apparent attempts to gain standing with the VTC.
- Clearing Out Crookspur (Royal Deadfire Company) - Clear out the slavers and gain Crookspur as a strategic position for the RDC. This quest can be done separately to the other quests, with no repercussions, so it is recommended that you do it afterwards.
- Fruitful Alliance (Huana) - Assist the Wahaki tribe to gain their allegiance to the Queen via the quest below.
- Cruel Cargo: Free the Wahiki tribesman enslaved by the Crookspur slavers, then wipe them out entirely.
See A Shrewd Proposition for a detailed outline.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Entering the Sea Cave from the beach to the east: