Pillars of Eternity
|“||Stay out of the catacombs – they're more dangerous than usual lately.||”|
The Copperlane Catacombs is an underground burial site and canal in Pillars of Eternity.
Designed by the Dwarf Grogan, the Copperlane Catacombs serves a double purpose. First, it houses Grogan's Canal, a canal that leads to Ondra's Gift and spills out into the sea. Second, it is a burial site, where the Ducs of Dyrwood and the wealthy inhabitants of Defiance Bay are interred.
In its more recent history, a hidden section was built into the northern central part of the canal as a basement for and only accessible from Lumdala's House in Copperlane. However, there's a hidden switch in that room that may open a secret door into the main area, once discovered during the Final Act.
Points of interest
- Entering from Copperlane, you are placed in the northeastern portion of the map. A dead initiate lies right near the entrance, with a soul you can interact with. It's a dead initiate from the temple of Woedica, ripped apart by a monster. Immediately next to him is a burial chamber with some oozes and minor loot. Just over the bridge waits the troll that tore apart the initiate.
- The area is bisected by Grogan's Canal. To the south-east is a vast, open chamber filled with two trolls, sporelings, and dank spores. The loot is meager, but it does allow you access to a spare Woedica's hood. It connects to the burial vaults in the southern and south-eastern parts of the level. One of them holds Eorn, the fugitive orlan involved in the task Unwanted.
- The northwestern half contains much more interesting things. The more northerly section contains catacombs of the rich (with a trapped sarcophagus containing a random loot item, the only possible place to obtain Gauntlets of Puissant Melee). The southerly section contains exits to the Temple of Woedica and Helig of Thein's quarters. Helig's residence is located in a vast ossuary with several skeletons in the entrance area. The road to Helig is covered in traps, so send a scout ahead.
- Eorn: Located in a room on the eastern side of the canal.
- Helig of Thein: In the northwestern section. Two paths lead to him, both of which have several traps up to level 8. He is involved in the quest A Voice from the Past.
- Daroth Grimault: Found near the passageway to the Temple of Woedica during the bounty.
- Fampyrs (during Bounty: Daroth Grimault)
- Guls (during Bounty: Daroth Grimault)
- 1x Random Rare Object
- Random Loot item (the only possible place where Gauntlets of Puissant Melee can be found in game)
- 3x Lockpick
Crate: [Accessable during The Final Act]
Bonepile: [Hidden stash near the Trolls and Spores]
- 1x Opal
- 1x Woedica Hood
- 1x Morning Star
- 1x Pistol
Wooden Box: [Hidden stash in Helig of Thein's chamber]
In Lumdala's basement is a hidden floorpile behind the stage allowing direct access to the Copperlane Catacombs.
- Eorn's dialog.