Coming to Terms
|Coming to Terms|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Convince Tawenu to leave
Convince the VTC to nullify the contract
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Tawenu wishes to renegotiate the Duape tribe's contract with the Vailian Trading Company. The deal will legally pass ownership of their lands to Vailian control upon the death of their ailing chieftain. Tawenu has had little luck navigating the trading company's bureaucracy.
Since he was thrown out of the office, he asked the Watcher to intervene on his behalf. I can start by speaking with Luca inside the Vailian Trading Company offices.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- After talking to the poor Huana outside, head inside and talk to Luca. He will reiterate that the contract is lawful and add that Tawenu should consider himself lucky all he lost was the forged contract. You can:
- Ask for an explanation and agree with Luca that Tawenu should appreciate the opportunity. You will have to go to Tawenu and make sure he sees reason.
- Otherwise, you can press the matter and explore the possibilities. Streetwise 4 allows you to threaten him with making a mess of his job by telling everyone how the company conducts itself for a bribe of 1100 cp from him.. You can also use Diplomacy 5 to point out that such a strategy will only drive the Huana into the arms of the RDC, then follow up with a threat, or Diplomacy 4. After all, something you never had can't be a loss. This will result in nullifying the contract.
- Another method is more subtle and relies on breaking into the headquarters and replacing the contract with the one from Luca's chest (locked). To do so...
- Return to Tawenu. You can receive a payment from him in the form of azata shells and gems. You can refuse money for a boost in reputation, insult the VTC for a minor reputation loss, insult the Huana, or force Tawenu to give you everything he carries.