Origin and prevalence[edit | edit source]
They are very rare in the Dyrwood, and as the result of an ancient campaign in the northern continent, people in the Dyrwood tend to associate the coastal aumaua with a more aggressive warlike reputation. This is not entirely accurate. However, it has led to a self-fulfilling prophecy whereby many coastal aumaua in Dyrwood are mercenaries, bodyguards, or soldiers.
Appearance and culture[edit | edit source]
While physiologically similar to island aumaua, the coloration of coastal aumaua is starkly different - blue and green. Their culture is more centralized and urban than their island cousins, though both groups are involved in seafaring.
- Features: Very wide nose bridges and widely spaced eyes. Rectangular or square faces. Narrow, almond, or round eyes. Long skulls with prominent domes. Slightly webbed hands and feet (below the second knuckle). Long arms. Tiny ears that barely protrude from the head.
- Skin: Cool tones, often blues, grays, or greens running into (fish-like) white.
- Hair: Silver, blond, strawberry blond, brown. Straight or wavy texture.
- Eyes: Yellow, silver, blue, gold, green, brown
In-game description[edit | edit source]
|“||Viewed as a warlike race, the coastal aumaua live in a mainland region along the coasts of the northern hemisphere - lands they conquered by pushing Thyrtan (meadow folk), Natlan (savanna folk), and orlan communities out. Their culture is more centralized and urban than their island cousins, though both groups are involved in seafaring. Coastal aumaua are very rare in the Dyrwood, but those that do make the journey usually do so as mercenaries, bodyguards, or soldiers.||”|
|~ Pillars of Eternity in-game cyclopedia
|“||Viewed by many in the Old Empires and Eastern Reach as a warlike race, the coastal aumaua are dominantly from the northern nation of Rauatai. Though they originated in the Deadfire Archipelago thousands of years ago, time and distance have divorced them from their distant Huana kin. Coastal aumaua are less intimately connected to the sea than island aumaua and are distinguished by their cool skin tones.||”|
|~ Deadfire in-game cyclopedia
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Their racial bonus talent is:
- In Pillars of Eternity
- In Deadfire
Notable characters[edit | edit source]
In Pillars of Eternity[edit | edit source]
In Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Pillars of Eternity, Game Manual