Cinders of Faith
|Cinders of Faith|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Finish the quest
Pick the first or the third dialogue option when returning to Fyrga
Pick the second or the fourth dialogue option when returning to Fyrga
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Fyrga, the Tranquil Ardent of Magran in Defiance Bay, is having a crisis of faith, during which she has had several visions of a cave at a place with multicolored pools and a rising waterfall. She believes that something there can restore her faith, but also believes there is a danger there that would try to kill her. If the Watcher were to find this something and bring it back, she might be able to resume her duties and rekindle the city's sacred fires.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Speak with Fyrga in the Ducal Palace to begin this quest.
- (Optional) The name of the location from Fyrga's vision is not yet known, but the journal hints to the expedition hall in Copperlane. Ask Wenan, and he wants to sell you a map, with the exact place marked, for 50 . He also tells you that the map is locked away in a chest in the Den, and you could steal it from there to avoid paying. (Wenan can only be asked as long as the Searing Falls aren't discovered yet on the world map by exiting the Woodend Plains to the south.)
- Once arrived at the Searing Falls, head to the northwest section of the map to find the Searing Falls Cave. You will have to fight through a few groups of drakes and xaurips to get there.
- Inside the cave, fight your way through more xaurips and Flame Blights until you come across Cail the Silent. Kill him, and you will find a burning stone, a fragment of the Godhammer. Hidden among the gold coins you can also find the unique great sword Tidefall. Must have Mechanics level 10 to find Tidefall.
- Return the fragment to Fyrga, and answer her question to determine the quest's outcome. She will give you the unique flail Unforgiven as thanks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Durance is an active companion when picking up the burning stone, he has extra dialogue.
- Rekindling Fyrga's faith will visibly rekindle the fire on all of the Magran statues throughout the districts of Defiance Bay.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||Cinders of Faith|
|10000||Fyrga, Tranquil Ardent of Magran, has had her faith shaken by the Hollowborn crisis in Defiance Bay. As a result, she's been unable to keep the city's sacred fires lit. They're a symbol of triumph and protection, and they're more important now than ever.|
|1||Travel to the cave from Fyrga's vision.|
|10001||Fyrga has had visions of a cave at a place with multicolored pools and a rising waterfall. She believes that something there would restore her faith, but she also believes that something else there would try to kill her.
If I were to find this item for her, she might be able to resume her duties and resurrect the sacred fires of Defiance Bay.
|20002||Fyrga didn't know where to find the place she saw in her vision, but someone at the expedition hall might know.|
|20003||I found a map pinpointing the location of a place called Searing Falls. It's a long journey, but at least I know where it is now.|
|20004||Wenan of the Dozens showed me where to find Searing Falls, the place Fyrga saw in her vision.|
|6||Find the token of Magran.|
|10006||I found the cave behind the falls. It's sweltering in here, but Fyrga was certain I'd find a sign of her goddess here.
She was also certain I'd find something incredibly dangerous. I should be cautious.
|7||Bring the "spark" to Fyrga.|
|10007||Fyrga was correct in both of her predictions - I found a strange, glowing stone and a massive drake guarding it. The beast seemed almost reverent of this "spark."|
|20001||Durance explained that the glowing stone is actually a fragment of the Godhammer bomb, a powerful weapon that was built with Magran's divine aid. I can see why Fyrga would find this meaningful.|
|30000||I reminded Fyrga that the Godhammer fragment itself was proof of Magran's power and wonder. Fyrga took heart from this and was able to rekindle the sacred fires.|
|30001||I reminded Fyrga that Magran puts her followers through trials and that Waidwen's Legacy is one such trial. Fyrga took heart from this and was able to rekindle the sacred fires.|
|30002||The Godhammer fragment was meaningless to Fyrga because she'd done nothing to seek it. Fyrga realized that, in giving her burden to me, she proved herself unworthy of Magran. She will eventually step down from her role as tranquil ardent.|
|30003||Even though Fyrga held a fragment of the Godhammer bomb, it did nothing to restore her faith. I had no answer for her. She will eventually step down from her role as tranquil ardent.|
|30004||Someone critically important to this quest has died.|