The Charred Barrel
|The Charred Barrel|
Pillars of Eternity
Background[edit | edit source]
Located in an upscale part of Defiance Bay, the Charred Barrel is the watering hole of choice for the nobility of Brackenbury, converted from an old shipping warehouse. Ableheart Skerrion inherited it from his uncle who failed to pawn it off to his cousins after Brackenbury lost most of commercial traffic, and converted it into his retirement. He had a good instinct: It quickly became the most popular spot in Brackenbury, attracting even kith from other districts.
The tavern offers a variety of dishes and exquisite drinks. It vine offer is particularly rich, including vintages from tart Aedyran reds to sweet Rauatai summer wines. The more adventurous can opt for the infamous soul burn of the Deadfire Archipelago or the crystal-clear Naasitaqi and Glamfellen spirits. Conservative throats will be tickled pink by pale yellow and deep amber whiskeys from the Dyrwood and Living Lands respectively.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The main room is where the neat and orderly dining tables are, complete with a stage in the background. The counter is off to the side with Ableheart Skerrion, the owner of the place. If you completed the side-quest Vengeance from the Grave by letting Nonton and Ingroed go, then you will later find them as employees here.
- Back through the kitchen you can reach the basement, with a group of non-hostile bandits conferring.
- Up the stairs are the rooms, with Maerwith and her group of pirates.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Ableheart Skerrion, the owner.
- Ingroed and Nonton, who appear here if you let them go during Vengeance from the Grave.
- Maerwith, a pirate leader upstairs.
- Thristwn, a Glanfathan expatriate, will ask for help retrieving an amulet.
Rooms[edit | edit source]
|Criminal's Getaway||2 rests||
|Noble's Stay||2 rests||
Noteable loot[edit | edit source]
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
- 1x Beer
Upper floor[edit | edit source]
Armoire: (Difficulty 3)
Basement[edit | edit source]