Cat and Mouse
From Pillars of Eternity Wiki
|This article or section is a stub. You can help the Pillars of Eternity Wiki by .|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Pillars of Eternity Wiki by .
|Cat and Mouse|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Send Nyfre to Medreth
Report the death of Medreth to Nyfre
Let Nyfre go, kill Medreth afterwards
Let Nyfre go, send Medreth in the wrong direction
Cat and Mouse is a task in Pillars of Eternity.
Quick Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Nyfre in Dyrford (optional)
- Deal/Talk with Medreth
- Deal with Nyfre
- Deal with Medreth if he isn't dead (optional)
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- When you speak to Nyfre, she will give you 125 in advance for looking around for "suspicious people", and when you report your findings and let her go, she'll give you another 750 . If you kill Medreth before letting her leave town, she gives you Night-Runner.
- If you want to avoid killing anyone, you will need Resolve 14 to convince Medreth you aren't lying. Otherwise he attacks you.
- Both groups drop a lot of fine armour – including Night-Runner – and weapons when killed (easily over 2000 in selling value including the random cash), and Medreth has 1000 in cash on him.
- Helping Medreth by killing Nyfre is enough to gain entrance to House Doemenel.
- If you let Nyfre go and send Medreth into the wrong direction, you will meet him again later in the Woodend Plains, where he will accuse you of exactly this: sending him into the wrong direction, which lead to him and his company facing a skirmish with a Glanfathan hunting party. He vows to find Nyfre later, but first attacks you to teach you a lesson. At this point the quest will fail.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|10000||A woman named Nyfre is on the run and hiding out in Dyrford.|
|10001||Nyfre told me that someone's looking for her. She asked me to check around town for any suspicious figures.|
|10002||Medreth has asked me to find Nyfre, a thief who stole from our mutual friends in House Doemenel. She's an orlan woman. If I find her, he wants me to convince her that it's safe to leave Dyrford.|
|10003||Medreth told me that he's looking for Nyfre, a murderer from Defiance Bay who's killed dozens of children. She's an orlan woman. If I find her, he wants me to convince her that it's safe to leave Dyrford.|
|10004||I came across Nyfre's pursuer, Medreth, next to the river on the west end of town. He told me a very different story about Nyfre - that she's a child-killer on the run.|
He's waiting to ambush Nyfre. If I believe him, I can lure her into his trap. Otherwise, I should warn Nyfre to head east.
|10005||I came across Nyfre's pursuer, Medreth, next to the river on the west end of town. He told me that she stole from the Doemenels, and now he's tracking her down.|
He's waiting to ambush Nyfre. If I want to assist him, which the Doemenels would no doubt appreciate, I can lure her into his trap. Otherwise, I can warn Nyfre to head east. The Doemenels won't be happy to hear about that, however.
|10007||I told Nyfre where Medreth was waiting, and she gave him the slip. As a final favor, she asked me to send him off in another direction to buy her more time.|
|10008||I coaxed Nyfre out of hiding and sent her toward Medreth. If he's still waiting near that temple, he may have a reward for me.|
|10009||I found Nyfre's pursuer, Medreth, and killed him. Nyfre will want to know that she's free to leave Dyrford now.|
|10010||I killed Nyfre. Medreth will be glad to hear that I've done his work for him.|
|20001||It seemed odd to me that someone like Medreth was sent after Nyfre. He doesn't exactly look official.|
|20002||Medreth had an interesting reaction when I asked about the Crucible Knights. I don't think he likes them at all.|
|20003||Nyfre wouldn't get into specifics, but she claimed she'd crossed some powerful criminals in Defiance Bay.|
|20004||I've met Nyfre. She's upstairs at the Dracogen Inn, and she's trying to elude her pursuers. I haven't sent her to Medreth - or warned her away - yet.|
|20005||I met Nyfre upstairs at the Dracogen Inn. She admitted that she was on the run, but she didn't sound like the monster Medreth described. I haven't sent her to Medreth - or warned her away - yet.|
|20013||Hendyna told me that an orlan woman stopped at the Dracogen Inn not long ago.|
|30000||I killed Medreth and allowed Nyfre to flee. She was grateful for the second chance.|
|30001||I killed Nyfre. Medreth was surprised, but he didn't seem to mind that I'd done his dirty work for him. He suggested that I pay my respects to House Doemenel the next time I'm in Defiance Bay.|
|30002||I put an end to the intrigues between Medreth and Nyfre by killing them both. Neither of them were up to any good.|
|30003||I told Nyfre where Medreth was waiting so that she could slip away. Medreth wasn't too happy about it.|
|30004||I sent Nyfre straight into Medreth's trap. He was most appreciative and suggested that House Doemenel would be most appreciative, too.|
|30005||I sent Nyfre straight into Medreth's trap. He was most appreciative and suggested that House Doemenel would be most appreciative, too. He didn't seem to know that I'd already had a falling out with the Doemenels.|
|30006||I told Nyfre where Medreth was waiting so that she could slip away, and I sent Medreth off in the wrong direction looking for her. Looks like I've seen the last of them.|