Cat and Mouse
|Cat and Mouse|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Send Nyfre to Medreth
Report the death of Medreth to Nyfre
Let Nyfre go, kill Medreth afterwards
Let Nyfre go, send Medreth in the wrong direction
Cat and Mouse is a task in Pillars of Eternity.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Medreth is a bounty hunter sent by House Doemenel to deal with a female Orlan named Nyfre. They claim she killed dozens of children in Defiance Bay. Nyfre is an Orlan thief who claims she merely stole from the wrong people.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Nyfre can be found in Dyrford Village on the 2nd floor of the Dracogen Inn. When you speak to her, she will give you 125 in advance for looking around the village for "suspicious people".
- Medreth can be found on the west end of Dyrford Village at the northern end of the bridge. When you speak to him, he will ask you to help find Nyfre who they know is hiding out in the village.
- If you speak to Medreth and report your findings to Nyfre and let her go, she'll give you another 750 .
- If you killed Medreth before letting Nyfre leave town, Nyfre will give you the unique leather armor Night-Runner as a reward.
- If you want to avoid killing anyone, you will need Resolve 14 to convince Medreth you aren't lying. Otherwise, he attacks you.
- Both groups drop a lot of fine armour – including Night-Runner – and weapons when killed (easily over 2000 in selling value including the random cash), and Medreth has 1000 in cash on him.
- Helping Medreth by killing Nyfre is enough to gain you entrance to House Doemenel.
- If you let Nyfre go and send Medreth in the wrong direction, you will meet him again later in the Woodend Plains. There, he will accuse you of exactly this: sending him in the wrong direction, which lead to him and his company facing a skirmish with a Glanfathan hunting party. He will vow to find Nyfre later, but first attacks you to teach you a lesson. At this point, the task will fail.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||Cat and Mouse|
|10000||A woman named Nyfre is on the run and hiding out in Dyrford.|
|1||Scout around Dyrford Village for Nyfre|
|10001||Nyfre told me that someone's looking for her. She asked me to check around town for any suspicious figures.|
|20003||Nyfre wouldn't get into specifics, but she claimed she'd crossed some powerful criminals in Defiance Bay.|
|2||Find Nyfre and lure her out of Dyrford|
|10002||Medreth has asked me to find Nyfre, a thief who stole from our mutual friends in House Doemenel. She's an orlan woman. If I find her, he wants me to convince her that it's safe to leave Dyrford.|
|10003||Medreth told me that he's looking for Nyfre, a murderer from Defiance Bay who's killed dozens of children. She's an orlan woman. If I find her, he wants me to convince her that it's safe to leave Dyrford.|
|20001||It seemed odd to me that someone like Medreth was sent after Nyfre. He doesn't exactly look official.|
|20002||Medreth had an interesting reaction when I asked about the Crucible Knights. I don't think he likes them at all.|
|20013||Hendyna told me that an orlan woman stopped at the Dracogen Inn not long ago.|
|20004||I've met Nyfre. She's upstairs at the Dracogen Inn, and she's trying to elude her pursuers. I haven't sent her to Medreth - or warned her away - yet.|
|20005||I met Nyfre upstairs at the Dracogen Inn. She admitted that she was on the run, but she didn't sound like the monster Medreth described. I haven't sent her to Medreth - or warned her away - yet.|
|3||Return to Nyfre at Dracogen Inn|
|10004||I came across Nyfre's pursuer, Medreth, next to the river on the west end of town. He told me a very different story about Nyfre - that she's a child-killer on the run.|
He's waiting to ambush Nyfre. If I believe him, I can lure her into his trap. Otherwise, I should warn Nyfre to head east.
|10005||I came across Nyfre's pursuer, Medreth, next to the river on the west end of town. He told me that she stole from the Doemenels, and now he's tracking her down.|
He's waiting to ambush Nyfre. If I want to assist him, which the Doemenels would no doubt appreciate, I can lure her into his trap. Otherwise, I can warn Nyfre to head east. The Doemenels won't be happy to hear about that, however.
|10009||I killed Medreth. Nyfre will be glad to hear that I've gotten rid of the pursuers.|
|4||Direct Medreth away from Nyfre|
|10007||I told Nyfre where Medreth was waiting, and she gave him the slip. As a final favor, she asked me to send him off in another direction to buy her more time.|
|5||Return to Medreth at the west end of Dyrford|
|10008||I coaxed Nyfre out of hiding and sent her toward Medreth. If he's still waiting near that temple, he may have a reward for me.|
|10010||I killed Nyfre. Medreth will be glad to hear that I've done his work for him.|
|30000||✓||I killed Medreth and allowed Nyfre to flee. She was grateful for the second chance.|
|30001||✓||I killed Nyfre. Medreth was surprised, but he didn't seem to mind that I'd done his dirty work for him. He suggested that I pay my respects to House Doemenel the next time I'm in Defiance Bay.|
|30002||✗||I put an end to the intrigues between Medreth and Nyfre by killing them both. Neither of them were up to any good.|
|30003||✓||I told Nyfre where Medreth was waiting so that she could slip away. Medreth wasn't too happy about it.|
|30004||✓||I sent Nyfre straight into Medreth's trap. He was most appreciative and suggested that House Doemenel would be most appreciative, too.|
|30005||✓||I sent Nyfre straight into Medreth's trap. He was most appreciative and suggested that House Doemenel would be most appreciative, too. He didn't seem to know that I'd already had a falling out with the Doemenels.|
|30006||✓||I told Nyfre where Medreth was waiting so that she could slip away, and I sent Medreth off in the wrong direction looking for her. Looks like I've seen the last of them.|