Pillars of Eternity
Background[edit | edit source]
The Burial Isle is the ancient site of the Inquisition, built over Breith Eaman, the Court of Penitents. After the abandonment of the area by Engwithans, Glanfathans adapted it as a burial site for their anamfatha.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- You enter the area from a dock in the southeast, where Dorvhal will patiently wait until you're back. A short walk to the north is an underground tunnel terminating in a rock collapse that you can interact with. Perception 17 allows you to realize the rocks are unstable, while Might 19 allows you to clear the unstable formation. Having Constitution 17 will allow your party to survive the resulting rockslide without injury. This teleports you to the upper terrace of Burial Isle, near the Court.
- The western stretches of the Isle are dominated by Glanfathan burial platforms, erected near the grand structures of the Builders. Some corpses can be looted. The one near the center of the map has the unique Last Blade of the White Forge.
- Farthest west is the Grotto Of Echoes, where you can find Scâthden, soul-twin of Hiravias.
- The northwest corner contains more Glanfathan burial platforms. The corpses can be looted for an unique Engwithan Adra Ban Amulet.
- The Court of the Penitents is in the upper right corner, dominated by the massive statue of Woedica. Jumping in and surviving requires gaining the support of a god. Otherwise, well, splat. You do get an unique ending narration and credits roll as usual.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Engwithan Adra Ban Amulet: On the body of the Glanfathan buried in the northwest.
- Last Blade of the White Forge: On a corpse in the center of the area
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The player was supposed to obtain permission from the anamfath to enter the Isle, but this was dropped, along with the requirement for obtaining passage by using a horn to call the boatman to come.