Built to Last
|Built to Last|
|Not exactly the best place to be.|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Finish the quest
Winds of Steel
Built to Last is a side quest in Pillars of Eternity.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Commander Clyver of the Knights of the Crucible has a plan to address the shortage of trained soldiers. He's asked Forge Master Dunstan to construct Forge Knights - soldiers made from suits of armor. Dunstan has crafted the armor, and now he just needs the research from Vianna to complete the project.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- To get this quest, talk with Commander Clyver in Crucible Keep in the First Fires district of Defiance Bay. He's in the War Room in the upper right area of the map. He'll tell you to get Vianna's research for Dunstan, so that the forge knights can be deployed.
- Go to the Scriveners Dormitory in Copperlane and speak with Coren about Vianna. He's in the main hallway.
- Look for Vianna in the Abandoned House in the top center of Ondra's Gift, Defiance Bay's southern district.
- Kill the The Dozens' mercenaries, lead by Dodwyna, who are torturing her for information.
- Loot Vianna's research, along with the unique brigandine Äru-Brekr, from Dodwyna's corpse.
- Go back to Crucible Keep in First Fires and give Vianna's research to Dunstan. This will complete the quest.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|10000||Commander Clyver of the Knights of the Crucible has a plan to address the shortage of trained soldiers. He's asked Forge Master Dunstan to construct forge knights - soldiers made from suits of armor. Dunstan has crafted the armor, and now he just needs the research from Vianna to complete the project.|
|1||Go to the scriveners' dormitory in Copperlane.|
|10001||Clyver asked me to meet with Vianna, a student of animancy. She's compiled the research that should enable Dunstan to finish the forge knights. Clyver said that she lives in the dormitory with the other scriveners, but his novitiates haven't been able to find her lately.|
|20000||I asked Dunstan about the forge knights that he's working on. He seemed to harbor reservations about the project.|
|10002||I've found the scriveners' dormitory. Based on what Clyver told me, Vianna - and her research - should be in here somewhere.|
|20002||I overheard a couple of scriveners talking about Vianna's recent disappearance. It sounds like her room was the last one on the right.|
|3||Search for Vianna in Ondra's Gift.|
|10003||I learned that Vianna was going to meet a woman named Clessia in Ondra's Gift. They were planning to meet in an empty house on the northern end of the district.|
|4||Recover Vianna's research from the Dozens.|
|10004||Vianna was tricked by members of the Dozens. Now, they're interrogating her about her research for the Crucible Knights. The ringleader must have confiscated her notes.|
|5||Give Vianna's research to Dunstan.|
|10005||I retrieved Vianna's notes. Dunstan is waiting for them back in Crucible Keep in First Fires.|
|30000||✓||I delivered Vianna's research to Dunstan. He can now complete the forge knights.|
|30001||✗||Dunstan is dead. He won't be able to complete the forge knights for the Crucible Knights.|