Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Himuihi worries that the lagufaeth of Tikawara pose a grave threat to the village. She wants the broodmother dead. Himuihi wants to eliminate the lagufaeth of Tikawara. She told me the broodmother lives in a ravine on the island - killing her should scatter the rest of the creatures.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This quest is simple on the surface: Simply go to the Hōhina Ravine in the northwestern part of Tikawara Island and wipe out the lagufaeth. Fight through two waves of lagufaeth, then you can talk to the Lagufaeth broodmother in the northwestern corner.
- You'll be able to talk to her and figure out that she wants you to free the lagufaeth hatchlings at Tikawara. You can agree to that in return for the tribe calling off its campaign of aggression against the village.
- Regardless, return to Himuihi. To release the lagufaeth, you need 4 Diplomacy and Insight, an orlan race, or 4 Intimidate. Otherwise, you can tell her that they will leave the village alone and when she opposes it, use 4 Survival or Ranger to point out that they are reclusive by nature and will likely stay away. If you succeed, she will give you the Lagufaeth Cage Key to release them. They will make a run for it and meet the broodmother at the beach, who will then thank you and leave Baubles of the Fin behind for you to collect.
- You can avoid fighting lagufaeth at the Hōhina Ravine entirely if you free the lagufaeth hatchlings before leaving the village. The lock on the door is Difficulty 3 (Mechanics 3) and you are able to stealth next to it to avoid any reputation loss, as Pekeho moves away to the crate.
- Once the lagufaeth are free, talk to Himuihi, accept the quest, and travel to Hōhina Ravine. The lagufaeth in the ravine will be non-hostile (one of the hatchlings greets you) and you will be able to walk up to the broodmother without incident. Inform her you freed the hatchlings and then you have the option to tell her to avoid the village. Either way she will award you the Baubles of the Fin, at which point the quest completes.
- Kill the broodmother, looting the Baubles of the Fin from its body. Return the Tikawara Broodmother's Head to Himuihi to complete the quest.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|10000||Himuihi worries that the lagufaeth of Tikawara pose a grave threat to the village. She wants the broodmother dead.|
|40001||The Huana captured some lagufaeth hatchlings, and the broodmother wants them back.|
|1||Hunt down the lagufaeth broodmother in Hōhina Ravine.|
|10001||Himuihi wants to eliminate the lagufaeth of Tikawara. She told me the broodmother lives in a ravine on the island - killing her should scatter the rest of the creatures.|
|20000||I found the broodmother in the ravine. Strangely, she didn't attack me.|
|20003||I freed the captive hatchlings in the village.|
|2||Return to Himuihi at the trading post in Tikawara.|
|10002||I killed the broodmother. Himuihi will be happy to hear the news.|
|6||Rescue the hatchlings imprisoned in the village.|
|10006||The tribe captured several lagufaeth hatchlings. The broodmother wants them released from the village.|
|20008||I was told that Himuihi is handling the lagufaeth problem. She can be found by the village trading post.|
|20009||Himuihi gave me permission to release the lagufaeth hatchlings held captive in the village.|
|20014||Himuihi has refused to release the hatchlings. I could always resolve the hatchling situation myself...|
|10||Kill the lagufaeth broodmother in Hōhina Ravine.|
|10010||Himuihi believes the lagufaeth will leave the village alone if I kill the broodmother.|
|11||Rescue the hatchlings imprisoned in the Tikawara village.|
|10011||The lagufaeth broodmother is desperate to rescue her hatchlings. Releasing them could cement a truce between the creatures and the tribe.|
|-||20007||The broodmother might be convinced to leave the village alone now.|
|20013||I found a cage with several lagufaeth hatchlings by the beach.|
|30000||I killed the lagufaeth broodmother and removed the threat to the village.|
|30001||I released the lagufaeth captives.|
|30002||I negotiated a truce between the tribe and the lagufaeth of Tikawara.|
|30003||I killed both the lagufaeth broodmother and Himuihi.|