Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Bleakrock Shrine is a scripted interaction on Crookspur Island. It is located at the coordinates 7° 16' S, 35° 5' E.
Background[edit | edit source]
Interaction[edit | edit source]
- This interaction is almost identical to Teo Ramunga, with different checks and stats required, and with a different blessing - that of Kābara Reku Shrine.
- Off the path you'll notice a small shrine containing a weathered statue. You can use Survival 7 to look around, though this just confirms that no one is around.
- With Religion 15, you can approach and identify the statue as that of Rikuhu, the Huana rendition of Berath. It is the shape of a pair of stone eels, twisting up and around the sculpture, each eel is clinging to the tail of the other, creating an unbroken circuit. Along the base of the shrine is an inscription: "Some flee. Others fight. Rikuhu consumes all." If the check fails, you admire the craftsmanship - but cannot determine who the shrine is dedicated to.
- At this point, you can either choose to kneel and pray at the shrine (given you passed the above check), or desecrate the shrine. Depending on the time of day, you may be able to do either without issues.
- Kneeling before the shrine to pray, a group of slavers approach, brandishing weapons and looking for trouble. This may not always occur.
- You can use a Watcher-only Diplomacy 12 check, telling them that you've only come to pray, and that you'll be leaving afterwards.
- As a priest of Berath, you can convince them that attacking you would be a bad idea, without a skill check.
- Pay them 2,000 for the privilege to use the shrine. The group takes advantage of your offer, and asks that you double it.
- Pay them 4,000.
- Pay them 3,000 with Streetwise 12 (Shady).
- With Serafen in your party, you can offer him to the slavers in exchange. He won't like this one bit, and will throw a smoke bomb at them before running off into the treeline, slavers in pursuit. After this, Serafen will leave the party permanently. With Pallegina in the party, you will receive a reputation loss with her (Racism).
- With Intimidate 16, you can threaten them. The group backs off, allowing you to use the shrine. If this fails, they will attack you.
- Desecrating the shrine will give you nothing, and you'll be unable to return to it. If you have Xoti in the party, you'll lose 3 reputation with her (Anti-Religion). During the day, the slavers will approach and will immediately attack you. This puts you in the staging area Jungle.
- Successfully praying at the shrine, you will receive the buff Rikuhu's Blessing (+2 Resolve). This buff lasts until the next rest, and you can return at any time to renew it.
- This is one of the few scripted interaction locations you can return to. Returning here after successfully passing the interaction will allow you to pray as many times as you wish.