At All Costs
|At All Costs|
|A fool sending you on a fool's errand|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Protect Verzano or request payment and leave
Kill Verzano (Danna survives)
Danna dies for any reason
Complete the quest by any method
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Mestre Verzano gives the Watcher a package to deliver to Gareth at the Goose and Fox in Copperlane. As it quickly turns out, Verzano's gotten himself in trouble with the local crime cartel and drags the Watcher into the fray...
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Deliver the quest item. Danna Doemenel of House Doemenel will interrupt the deal, and tell you to deliver a message to Verzano to let him know that the Doemenels know about his outside deals, and are coming to kill him. If you wish, you may be aggressive with Danna and attack her in the inn. This will not cause any other NPCs to become hostile in the inn although her fiance, Cendric may attack you later in Copperlane.
- Take payment for your delivery and leave Verzano to his fate.
- This option forces you out of the warehouse and you can't intervene. Verzano is assumed dead once you do this.
- Defend Verzano from House Doemenel.
- Kill Verzano yourself for getting you into this mess.
All options will finish the quest. If Danna was already killed, simply let Verzano know, and he will reward you as standard.
Regardless of which option you choose, Pallegina will offer to join your party when you finish.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Killing Gareth will not turn the other guests at the inn against you, but it will fail the quest (unless you are in combat with Danna and shoot Gareth in the back as he's trying to run away).
- Killing Danna at The Goose and Fox inn or the Vailian Trading Company will cause her fiance, Cendric, to attack you in Copperlane.
- Killing Danna in the Vailian Trading Company branch office will cause Doemenel Thugs to attack you in Ondra's Gift.
- For every Doemenel NPC you kill, you will receive Extraordinary Negative reputation with House Doemenel.
- Killing Verzano before confronting him about the Doemenels will fail the quest.
- If you side with House Doemenel and kill Verzano, Danna will tell you to see her brother in the Doemenel Manor, which will start A Two Story Job if you do not already have it.
- For every one of Verzano's guard that dies, you will usually receive Minor Negative reputation with Defiance Bay. This is a bit inconsistent and can happen even if the Doemenels get the killing blow - it also sometimes does not happen even when you get the killing blow.
- Being careful not to deal any combat damage or casting any offensive spells will avoid this. Danna will still thank you, if you sided with her, even if you don't contribute to the fight.
- If you don't attack Danna in the inn, and then leave Verzano to his fate, you can complete this quest without any combat or skill checks, making it essentially free experience. The downside being that you need to actually fight Verzano to get the invitation to A Two Story Job.
Obtaining Forgiveness twice[edit | edit source]
- Player must kill Danna's party after handling bitter squash seeds to Gareth in The Goose and Fox inn
- After returning to Vailian Trading Company, accept payment from Verzano peacefully
- The moment after doing this, Verzano will be on his way to leave the building; however, this will happen without cutscene playing, so player is free to attack Verzano (which will turn him and all guards in Vailian Trading Company hostile)
- After killing all enemies, second Forgiveness can be looted from Verzano's body
This can probably be considered a bug, but is still present in 3.07.1318 version of the game.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||At All Costs|
|10000||Mestre Verzano, the head of the Vailian Trading Company in Defiance Bay, wants me to deliver a package.|
|2||Return to Verzano in Ondra's Gift.|
|10002||Verzano's gotten himself in trouble with the local crime cartel. Unfortunately, he's dragged me with him.
He's waiting for me at the Vailian Trading Company in Ondra's Gift. When I confront him, I'll have to decide how I want to handle his treachery.
|20000||I defeated Danna and her thugs at the Goose and Fox, so Verzano has one less thing to worry about.|
|1||Deliver the package to Gareth in Copperlane.|
|10001||Mestre Verzano has given me a package to deliver to Gareth at the Goose and Fox in Copperlane.|
|12||Get bitter squash seeds from Verzano at the warehouse in Ondra's Gift.|
|10012||I told Verzano that I wasn't interested in his delivery job. He told me to return to him if I change my mind.|
|13||Defeat Danna Doemenel.|
|10013||I've decided to protect Verzano from Danna Doemenel. Now, she and her thugs have it in for me, too.|
|10014||I've decided to kill Verzano. This shouldn't be much of a challenge.|
|30000||I protected Verzano from the vengeful Danna Doemenel. I'll have to watch my step around the rest of House Doemenel.|
|Stayed out of it|
|30001||I washed my hands of the dispute between Mestre Verzano and House Doemenel. Danna Doemenel made short work of the merchant.|
|30002||I killed Mestre Verzano. With as many enemies as he'd made, it was only a matter of time before someone did it.|
|Protected Verzano, Verzano died|
|30003||I attempted to protect Verzano from the vengeful Danna Doemenel, but he died during the fight. I'll have to watch my step around the rest of House Doemenel.|
|Killed Verzano, Danna died|
|30004||I killed Mestre Verzano, but Danna Doemenel was also killed in the fight. Hopefully, the rest of House Doemenel won't hold me responsible for her death.|
|30005||I killed Verzano before completing the job.|
|30006||I killed Gareth before delivering the package from Verzano.|