Pillars of Eternity
Anslög's Compass is a wilderness area in Pillars of Eternity.
Named for a rocky stretch of land that theoretically resembles a sundial, this lagoon provides decent fishing for both brave Dyrwoodans and a local contingent of Xaurips. More than one ship has met its end upon the nearby reef, and debris occasionally washes ashore from the wreckage.
Points of interest
- You run into Egdrang and Tily at the entrance to the northwest. After talking to them they are attacked by xaurips, after which, if still alive, they will exit the map. There is no special reward for saving them, other than feeling good about saving kith lives and foreshadowing the strong xaurip presence.
- Straight down south and then east (roughly in the center of the area) is a sea cave containing four sporelings and a dank spore. Dispatching it gives access to decent loot from the corpses. Mind the Fine Wand in a hidden stash near the dank spore. Slightly west of the entrance to the cave is one of Fulvano's pages, buried in the sand.
- In the southwest portion of the map, on the way to Ranga and Tana's camp, you will find Ponamu Bird-Scorned, a merchant added in Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire Pack.
- Further south, on the peninsula, is Ranga and Tana's camp. Ranga will help you complete A Mother's Plea.
- Up in the northeastern corner is a xaurip camp with a Xaurip Priest (caution is advised). Right below, on the shore, lies the body of a Vailian, the explorer Fulvano. He's carrying Fulvano's letter and a Fine arbalest.
- A short walk west of there is a xaurip shrine with a number of drake/dragon skulls laid out in a circle. In one of them you'll find another page.
- Finally, in the south-eastern corner is the aforementioned crashed ship with a gul infestation. Wipe them out to find some minor loot and the last page.
- Aranroed: Commander of Fleetbreaker Castle and Knights of the Crucible appears by the dial during the Quest Winds of Steel.
- Captain Muārumi: A renown pirate, hides in the cave during the Quest Bounty: Captain Muārumi.
- Egdrang and Tily: two fishers by the north entrance of the map.
- Ponamu Bird-Scorned: A castaway and merchant added in Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire Pack.
- Ranga: An aumaua healer and merchant, sells potions and allows you to rest at her camp after A Mother's Plea.
- Tana: Ranga's Xaurip assistant.
- Ranga's Camp
- Sea Cave
- The Dial
- Xaurip Camp
Sand (near The Dial):
Sand (near Sea Cave):