A Sorcerer and a Gentleman
|A Sorcerer and a Gentleman|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Let Remaro go
Kill Remaro and hand in the bounty
Kill Remaro and give his head to Malnaj
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Serafen wants the Watcher to help him track down an old pirate named Remaro. Serafen doesn't believe that Remaro, a pirate hunted by the Príncipi for mutiny, could have committed the treachery they accuse him of. He asked me to help search Fort Deadlight for information about Remaro's current whereabouts.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Serafen will automatically talk to you as you arrive at Fort Deadlight and ask you to find Remaro. The first stop is in Deadlight Court, in the northeastern part of the area. Serafen will automatically speak up once you're near Remaro's chest and rummage through it. You will find out that Remaro supposedly met someone named Udyne at the Luminous Bathhouse in Periki's Overlook in Neketaka. Perhaps she knows how to contact Remaro.
- Head to the Luminous Bathhouse. Udyne will claim Remaro intends to resupply at Sayuka before leaving the Deadfire after you persuade her. Serafen wants you to follow in search of the old pirate. Malnaj will accost you on the streets and you can reveal Udyne's involvement or stay silent.
- Continue to Sayuka (bringing Serafen along of course). Talk to Remaro, found at the top of the stairs that are west of the Fleet Master's Office. If you have Insight 10, you can figure out that he's hiding something when it's time to decide what to do between cutting him loose (Serafen insists on it) and bringing him to stand judgement before the Captains (he'll refuse that). In order to discover that his and Serafen's former captain - Bastian of The Sorcerer - had been selling the slaves they rescued, you need to have learned that the Príncipi work with slavers (requires completing Symbols of Death for Furrante and promising to help him). This will reveal the true reason that Remaro left the Príncipi , giving Serafen closure.
- If you're intent on bringing Remaro in, he'll kindly refuse, leaving you with no other choice but to use force. Serafen warns you that he'll be forced to take Remaro's side, should you do so. If you didn't uncover the slaver operation (giving Remaro an understandable reason for doing what he did), you can convince Serafen to back down by reminding him that in the Príncipi - mutiny means death, or with Streetwise 7 / Intimidate 5. Otherwise, after learning the true reason behind Remaro's mutiny, Serafen will be bewildered that you would attack a man who refused to work under a slaver operation, and will attack you upon entering combat. Either way Serafen will be removed from the party. Note that the quest will fail upon his death, although this doesn't affect the reward. At this point, remember: The Príncipi placed a bounty on Remaro and should pay for proof of his demise.
- If you let Remaro go, he will give you the unique blunderbuss Fire in the Hole, thanking you for your understanding.
- Upon leaving Sayuka, Malnaj and her crew are waiting for you in their ship Misery's Delight, asking you what your excuse is for being in the place they tracked Remaro to. If you spared Remaro, you can lie about killing him, and then pay her 2,000 (with Streetwise 5 + Diplomacy 8) to leave you be, which will net you Minor Positive reputation with the Príncipi . If you killed Remaro, you can also choose to hand over the bounty, netting you Moderate Positive reputation with the Príncipi , and ending the quest. Otherwise, if you choose not to cave to their demands, a fight will ensue. Note that killing the Príncipi sailors does not affect your reputation.
- If you killed Remaro, and still have his head, take it to Udita, in Dunnage, Lifter's Refuge for a cool 4,000.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Upon leaving Sayuka
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||A Sorcerer and a Gentleman|
|10000||Serafen wants me to help him track down an old pirate named Remaro.|
|1||Help Serafen uncover information on Remaro at Fort Deadlight.|
|10001||Serafen doesn't believe that Remaro, a pirate hunted by the Príncipi for mutiny, could have committed the treachery they accuse him of. He asked me to help search Fort Deadlight for information about Remaro's current whereabouts.|
|20010||We found a chest that used to belong to Remaro containing a letter to Serafen. It mentioned someone named Udyne at a place called Magic Waters.|
|20014||Syri claimed that Remaro has left Fort Deadlight. While he was here, he stayed in the room down the hall on the right.|
|2||Question Udyne at the Luminous Bathhouse in Neketaka.|
|10002||Remaro supposedly met someone named Udyne at the Luminous Bathhouse in Periki's Overlook in Neketaka. Perhaps she knows how to contact Remaro.|
|20000||A pirate captain named Malnaj found me on the street. She also seeks Remaro and asked if I had any information about the fugitive.|
|20001||I didn't reveal any information about Udyne to Malnaj.|
|20002||I revealed Udyne's location to Malnaj.|
|20003||I discovered Udyne, a venerable elf warrior, in the Luminous Bathhouse.|
|20004||Udyne told us that Remaro traded his ship for hers. According to her, Remaro claimed he would abandon the Deadfire for the west. He intends to resupply at Sayuka before setting forth.|
|20013||Serafen noticed the Misery's Delight, a ship captained by the Príncipi shiphunter Malnaj, docked at Queen's Berth in Neketaka.|
|3||Head to Sayuka and search for any sign of Remaro or where he's gone.|
|10003||Udyne claimed Remaro intends to resupply at Sayuka before leaving the Deadfire. Serafen wants us to follow in search of the old pirate.|
|20005||I discovered Remaro at the port of Sayuka.|
|20006||Remaro revealed that his and Serafen's former captain, Bastian of The Sorcerer, had been selling the slaves they rescued.|
|7||Claim the bounty on Remaro.|
|10007||The Príncipi placed a bounty on Remaro and should pay for proof of his demise. I need to collect proof from his corpse and bring it to whatever pirate at Dunnage is responsible for paying bounties.|
|20011||I claimed Remaro's head as proof of his death.|
|20012||I surrendered Remaro's head to the shiphunter Malnaj.|
|30000||We found Remaro at Sayuka and chose to let him go.|
|30001||I provided Remaro's head to the Príncipi and collected their offered bounty.|
|30002||I gave Remaro's remains to Malnaj.|