A Shout in the Dark
|A Shout in the Dark [FS]|
|File:LAX3 A Shout in the Dark.png|
The Black Isles
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Reinsert the memories
Euthanize the prisoners
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Tayn wants the Watcher to liberate the captive kith in the Collections wing of the Halls Obscured with a scroll that he created. The scroll will reinsert memories stripped from the kith into their minds. The catch? They will be inserted at random. Tayn dismisses the problem as entertaining, but Llengrath is horrified by the idea and would rather the Watcher put the captives out of their misery.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This quest requires the player to reach The Assembly of Echoes in the Collections wing first and defeat The Memory Hoarder. After it's gone, the player can then use the aperture and choose either Tayn's or Llengrath's resolution:
- Reading Tayn's spell will cause the souls to be provided with unpredictable minds and memories. Upon returning to Tayn, he will also reveal that he packed the spell with a little something that will cause the prisoners to be extra talkative, hopefully spilling the Hand Occult's hidden secrets.
- Reading Llengrath's spell will euthanize the souls and return them to the Wheel.
- It's also possible to collect a special egg from the machine by reaching down into the mouth of the instrument. The egg will hatch into a pet, Retina, upon returning to the Temple of Revelation.
- Completing the quest increments trust with the chosen archmage and access to the Godseed quest.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||A Shout in the Dark|
|10000||Tayn wants me to liberate the captive kith in the Collections wing of the Halls Obscured. He gave me a scroll which can restore their memories and willpower. All I need to do is read it aloud to the stupefied prisoners from a place they'll all hear it at once.|
|1||Enter the Collections.|
|10001||The Collections is due southwest of the Temple of Revelation.|
|2||(Optional) Talk to Llengrath about Tayn's quest.|
|10002||Tayn wants me to liberate the stupefied prisoners of the Collections. Llengrath may have other thoughts on how to handle the situation.|
|4||Find the source of the screams.|
|10004||Something in the depths of the Collections is screaming loud enough to echo throughout the entire wing. The effect seems to pacify the prisoners.|
|5||Use the Memory Hoarder's Organ.|
|10005||The Assembly of Echoes in the lowest level of the Collections houses an instrument capable of projecting my voice. This would be the optimal place for reading Tayn's scroll.|
|20001||Alternatively, I can read Llengrath's scroll to provide a merciful death to the stupefied prisoners.|
|6||(Optional) Use Llengrath's scroll instead of Tayn's.|
|10006||Llengrath wants me to use her scroll to mercifully kill the prisoners, freeing their souls to move on from their ruined lives.|
|9||Return to Tayn.|
|10009||I've read Tayn's scroll in the Memory Hoarder's Organ, thus setting the Collections prisoners free. Tayn should be grateful that I've done as he asked.|
|10||Return to Llengrath.|
|10010||The prisoners of the Collections are dead. Llengrath should be pleased, but Tayn may be disappointed.|
|-||20000||I've arrived at an outpost above the Collections, but this doesn't appear to be a part of the Enclosures.|
|30000||I used Tayn's spell to liberate the Collections prisoners.|
|30001||I used Llengrath's spell to merficully end the lives of the Collections prisoners.|
|30002||I killed the prisoners of the Collections.|