A Servant of Death
|A Servant of Death|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Finish the quest
Berath tires of mortals evading the natural cycle of death and rebirth. They showed the Watcher two individuals in particular - a dwarven man and an elven woman - who have extended their lives for centuries. The message is simple: These two individuals have cheated death for too long. Ending their lives would no doubt please Berath.
- In the north part of Elms' Reach, there's a cave called the Blood Sands. Inside, there's a bunch of dwarves dressed in red calling themselves the Ethik Nôl. Their leader is Archdruid Rehstin.
- Pull what information you want from him and then kill him (before or after the sacrifice – your choice). Everyone in Blood Sands (except for Keeper Wrdha) will turn hostile if you do this, so be prepared. You will earn Extraordinary reputation decrease with Ethik Nôl, Major decrease with The Fangs and Extraordinary increase with Ovates for killing the archdruid. Killing other cult members give major decrease with Ethik Nôl.
- Optionally talk to Iswld at the Golden Grove headquarters in Elms' Reach, who will tell you that the High Ovate is on a retreat in Elmshore.
- Travel to Elmshore, and find High Ovate Erona with some of her followers on an island on the far right, middle of the map. This little island can only be reached from its southwest corner. You have a couple of options:
- Attack and kill her, resulting in a Major reputation decrease with Ovates of the Golden Groves.
- If you pass the Resolve check (15 Resolve) she will accept her errors and she will kill herself without a fight by turning to stone and will earn you a Major reputation increase with Ovates of the Golden Groves.
- Either will earn a Major reputation increase with Ethik Nôl. If you have not also killed Archdruid Rehstin, you will earn 2250 exp.
Finally return to Berath at Teir Evron. You can basically say whatever you want. The quest will conclude and earn you 4500 exp (6750 total).
|0||A Servant of Death|
|10000||Berath tires of mortals evading the natural cycle of death and rebirth. He showed me two individuals in particular - a dwarven man and an elven woman - who have extended their lives for centuries.|
|1||End the lives of the two figures from Berath's vision.|
|10001||Berath, the god of death and rebirth, showed me a vision of an elven woman and a dwarven man stopped on a road. My touch slew them, and only then was I able to continue along the path.
I think this is the god's way of telling me that these two individuals have cheated death for too long. Ending their lives would no doubt please Berath.
|20000||The dwarf in the vision had an eerily ageless face and he seemed to renew himself with the blood of others. He said something about the "Ethik Nôl." When I learn who (or what) this is, he will no doubt be nearby.|
|20002||The elven woman was strangely tree-like in the vision. She mentioned a place called the "Golden Grove."|
|20006||I learned that the Golden Grove is a cluster of trees at the southern end of Elms' Reach.|
|20007||The Ethik Nôl reside in a cave known as "Blood Sands." It's in northern Elms' Reach, not far from the giant trees.|
|20005||The druids of the Golden Grove told me that High Ovate Erona often ventures to Elmshore in search of remedies to prolong her life. I suspect that Erona is the elven woman from the vision.|
|20003||I have killed Archdruid Rehstin, the dwarf from Berath's vision.|
|20004||The elf, High Ovate Erona, is now dead.|
|2||Return to Berath at Teir Evron.|
|10002||Archdruid Rehstin and High Ovate Erona are both dead. I can pray to Berath at Teir Evron to receive my reward.|
|30000||Berath is pleased that both druid leaders have returned to the cycle. The god has promised me safe passage to Sun in Shadow and support in my pursuit of Thaos.|