A Mother's Plea
|A Mother's Plea|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Return to Aufra
Tell Aufra the truth about the potion
Clear out the Xaurips for Ranga
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Once you arrive in Gilded Vale, go to the first house, Aufra's House, on the left-hand side and enter it.
- Speak to the woman, Aufra, and offer to help her and she'll give you some gold.
- Leave the house and travel south to Magran's Fork and south again to Anslög's Compass.
- Once in Anslög's Compass head south-west eliminating any Xaurip you see.
- When you reach the ocean go east and speak with Ranga and ask for the potion.
- She'll ask you to kill all the Xaurip in Anslög's Compass. Aside from the Xaurip you would've encountered by walking towards Ranga, there is also a Xaurip encampment in the north-east.
- After eliminating the Xaurip return to Ranga and she'll send you on another errand to the cave slightly above her.
- Enter the cave and kill at least one Sporeling, and pick up the spores it drops.
- Return to Ranga and get the potion, she'll tell you the potion doesn't actually do anything.
- Return to Aufra and give her the potion
Reward[edit | edit source]
|If you don't warn Aufra about the potion and leave immediately:||
|If you don't warn Aufra about the potion and say "Glad to be of assistance":||
|If you warn Aufra about the potion, and then change your mind telling her that the potion will make her tired:||
|If you warn Aufra about the potion, tell her the truth + she will pray to the gods:||
|If you warn Aufra about the potion, tell her the truth + demand your money:||
|If you warn Aufra about the potion, tell her the truth + any other answer:||
|If you tell Aufra the truth||
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Completing the quest will result in a Letter from Aufra being delivered to The Defiant in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, revealing that she had a son and the little boy is healthy and fine, thanks to you. The tone of the letter is slightly different, depending whether you told her the truth or not.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||A Mother's Plea|
|10000||By order of the lord of Gilded Vale, all mothers who give birth to hollowborn children will be exiled from the village. Aufra worries that she may find herself among their number.|
|1||Travel to Anslög's Compass and Speak to Mother Ranga.|
|10001||In Gilded Vale, I met Calisca's sister, Aufra. Aufra is expecting a child and is worried that she, too, will give birth to a hollowborn, as have many unlucky women before her. She has asked me to travel south to Anslög's Compass, where I can find Ranga, a midwife who is said to know a way to ensure that Aufra's child retains its soul.|
|20000||I have reached the lagoon. Ranga is said to live around here somewhere.|
|2||Clear out the Xaurips.|
|10002||Rather than take payment, Ranga has asked me to help her xaurip assistant, Tana. It seems that he's being hunted down by the members of his old tribe. Their camp is at the northeast section of the lagoon, and Ranga has asked me to deal with them.|
|20001||I dealt with Ranga's unpleasant neighbors. Perhaps now she'll be willing to help me in turn.|
|3||Return to Aufra.|
|10003||I have acquired the mixture Aufra asked for, but Mother Ranga has revealed to me that this concoction is really only a midwife's remedy to improve Aufra's health, rather than a cure.|
|4||Collect Dank Spores.|
|10004||Ranga's concoction apparently requires a particular part from one of the sporelings found within the nearby sea cave. She has asked me to retrieve one for her while she works on the rest of the mixture.|
|20002||I have the spores Ranga asked for. She should be able to complete the mixture once I return them to her.|
|Quest Failed - Aufra Dead|
|30000||Someone critically important to this quest has died.|
|Returned Concoction, Lied about placebo|
|30001||I returned the potion to Aufra, and let her believe that it holds the magical properties she was expecting. Perhaps she and her child will be fortunate. Only time will tell.|
|Returned Concoction,Told Truth|
|30002||I returned the potion to Aufra, and told her the truth about the mixture. She was understandably disappointed, though still appreciative of my efforts. She holds little hope, now, however, that she and her child will have a future in Gilded Vale.|
|Quest Failed - Ranga Dead|
|30003||Ranga has been killed, and her secrets die with her.|
|Didn't Say Anything About Potion|
|30005||I returned the potion to Aufra, and let her believe that it holds the magical properties she was expecting. Perhaps she and her child will be fortunate. Only time will tell.|