A Matter of Import
|A Matter of Import|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Deliver the goods
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Hazanui Karū asks the Watcher to pick up an important shipment and deliver it to the island of Sayuka.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Head over to Imperial Command and talk to the hazanui. As it turns out, the RDC is shorthanded due to the loss of Hasongo and storms at home delaying the fleet. She will muse on the weather engineering uncovered at Poko Kohara, then ask you to meet Widla, a smuggler, at sea to deliver a special cargo to one of the greatest minds of Rauatai at Sayuka. Hazanui Karū hands you 1,000, as the already negotiated payment for the cargo, and sends you on your way.
- Head west of Neketaka. Widla and her dhow, The Goshawk, will automatically seek you out and make contact. Widla will demand a higher price than agreed for the crates, unless you have at least Good 2 reputation with the Principi.
- Without the necessary reputation, starting dialogue with the Insight option, mentioning that the "Royal Deadfire Company has a long memory", then exhausting all non-hostile dialogue will open dialogue with Perin; a Bluff 6 check will cause Widla to send Perin below deck, removing him if combat breaks out, or a Diplomacy 8 Bluff 6 check will cause Perin to mutiny, sending Widla below deck. Perin will offer the cargo for 1000, otherwise combat is easier as Widla is no longer present.
- If you chose to attack the crew, interact with the crates on deck to grab them and sail away.
- Head for Sayuka. Once you make way, you will discover the crates contain a very special kind of cargo: Iverra, a renowned Vailian scientist. You can talk to her to learn that she deliberately fled the Republics in a crate to test her air-recycling spell and to reach Sayuka, in order to help with the excavations there.
- Upon safe delivery of the "cargo" to Sayuka, head to Fleet Master Okaya in her quarters to complete the quest, netting you a measly 350 and Moderate Positive reputation with the RDC.