A Lovely Drop
|A Lovely Drop [WM1]|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Tattle on Reyfald
Deliver the poisoned liquor and fix the antidote
Give the genuine liquor to Reyfald
|“||Shame. Embarrassment. Desperation. Physical impairment. I must inquire about this recipe.||”|
A Lovely Drop is a quest in The White March - Part I.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Reyfald, the clerk at the local fishery in Stalwart, claims that Haeferic has a store of expensive spirits at the inn, tucked away somewhere in the cellar. Reyfald offers the Watcher a reward in exchange for finding a bottle for him.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This is a quest that can be over quickly or take a bit of time to solve. For the former, simply tell Haeferic that Reyfald is after his liquor, which will net a quest failure and 200 cp.
- Otherwise you have two main quest paths:
- Pilfer Haeferic's stash for a bottle - only for it to be poisoned, then hunt down the ingredients needed for an antidote.
- Obtain the genuine article and share it with Reyfald.
Fake Fennlan Liquor[edit | edit source]
- Head to The Gréf's Rest. If you saved Keydy, she can be persuaded to disarm the outermost trap. Otherwise, head to the cellar below and face the trap gauntlet set up by Haeferic to discourage those wishing to pilfer his stock. The chest is in the northeastern corner, surrounded by six floor traps, with a seventh on the container itself. The two to the lower right are level 8, the rest level 5 (except for the one right next to the chest, which is level 4). The chest is also level 5. However, the prize lies on the racks in the middle: Fennlan Liquor.
- Deliver the bottle to Reyfald (and gain 100) It backfires, as expected. Reyfald's face goes numb and he can't feel a thing, so he begs you to ask Haeferic about a cure. The innkeeper has a hearty laugh about the whole thing and tells you to find a river reed and one ice troll heart to cure Reyfald's condition. Both of these can be found in Russetwood.
- Return to Haeferic with the ingredients, then simply deliver the bubbling antidote to Reyfald to complete the quest.
Genuine Fennlan Liquor[edit | edit source]
- Instead of ratting on Reyfald, or jumping through hoops to obtain the trick liquor for Reyfald (only to have to cure him anyway), a patient Watcher will be rewarded with a bottle of the real Fennlan Liquor by returning to Haeferic upon either opening Durgan's Battery, or by discovering the White Forge (and finishing The White March - Part I in the process). Simply talk to him afterwards, and instead of giving you the usual round of drinks, he'll hand you a bottle.
- This option is unavailable if Reyfald has already been poisoned with the fake liquor.
- Only one bottle can be obtained.
- Deliver the bottle to an ecstatic Reyfald to complete the quest. The rewards are the same, though you get 100 more if you decide to have a drink with him.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only ice trolls in Russetwood drop the required heart. One will appear in the North-East corner of the map once you have advanced to the point in the quest where the heart is required.
- The real liquor can be sold for 500 , so the more profitable route would be to obtain the real liquor, then hand Reyfald the fake liquor (and then make up an antidote) for the quest reward.