Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
A Glimpse Beyond
|A Glimpse Beyond|
Neketaka - The Sacred Stair
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Complete the quest
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The animancers at the Sacred Stair have been using luminous adra in a variety of strange experiments. They're in need of volunteers. Flaune claims that her group of researchers have devised a way to channel my ability to navigate the In-Between to... well, launch people from one adra pillar to another. They'd like the Watcher to participate in the experiments.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This is a straightforward quest that can be started either by talking to Flaune Elette or being sent to her by Director Castol. Talk to her and volunteer (you get a special reaction with a Scientist background). You can also confirm her theory with Intellect 12. Flaune will also mention that it's possible for your party to come along by using the In-Between - something you will use later too.
- Use the machine and focus on the connection point. Instead of landing at the designated farm, however, you'll land in Rymrgand's realm: Realm of the Beast of Winter.
- The road is linear and you will run into a variety of Scourging Blights on the way. The route ends when you come across the Soul Collector, a high level monster. He's slow, so deal with the blights first and then attack it. It responds well to surrounding and debuffs.
- After you deal with it, approach the giant mask and meet the master of this realm, Rymrgand. He will threaten you with annihilation and demand that you inform your animancer friends that they meddle in things beyond their ken - and demand that you inform them to stay away.
- Do note that there's no bonus points for being clever here - if you invite Rymyrgand to attempt to destroy you, he heartily will, without hesitation - so you're best off being agreeable and avoiding the slog of redoing the entire bossfight due to an entirely scripted death event.
- Once you return, it will turn out that your body actually remained back at the Spire, while your mind ventured forward. Faune will apologize, pay you 400, and ask you to report to the VTC HQ while they recalibrate their gear.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||A Glimpse Beyond|
|10000||The animancers at the Sacred Stair have been using luminous adra in a variety of strange experiments. They're in need of volunteers.|
|1||Speak with Flaune Elette atop the Spire of the Soul-Seers.|
|10001||Director Castol has asked that I assist a group of animancers in Neketaka. They conduct their experiments atop the Spire of the Soul-Seers, in the Sacred Stair district. Flaune Elette, their lead researcher, will be waiting there for my arrival.|
|2||Begin the animancy experiment.|
|10002||Flaune asked me to speak with her at the Spire of the Soul-Seers once I'm ready to give the experiment a try.|
|20000||Flaune claims that her group of researchers have devised a way to channel my ability to navigate the In-Between to... well, launch me from one adra pillar to another. They'd like me to participate in the experiments.|
|3||Find a way back to the physical realm.|
|10003||Something went very wrong with the experiment. I've appeared somewhere in the Beyond.|
|20001||Looks like I managed to get myself stuck in Rymrgand's domain - something the Beast of Winter is happy to gloat about.|
|20002||There is no obvious exit from this place. I think I'll have to convince Rymrgand to release me.|
|5||Speak with Flaune.|
|10005||I've made it back in one piece. Flaune will want to hear what happened, though I doubt it's anything like what she expected.|
|6||Return to Director Castol.|
|10006||While the animancers prepare their machines for further experiments, I can report to Director Castol for more work.
He'll be at the Vailian Trading Company headquarters in Queen's Berth.
|30000||Someone critical to the completion of this quest has been killed.|
|30001||The animancers' experiment did not go at all as planned, but I managed to survive the mishap in one piece. Flaune was apologetic, and gave me coin for my trouble - and in the hopes I'd return for more.|
|30002||The animancers' experiment did not go at all as planned, but I managed to survive the mishap in one piece. Not the best start to Castol's dreams of scientific progress, but he seemed interested in the results, and rewarded me for my trouble.|