A Glimpse Beyond
|A Glimpse Beyond|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Complete the quest
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The animancers at the Sacred Stair have been using luminous adra in a variety of strange experiments. They're in need of volunteers. Flaune claims that her group of researchers have devised a way to channel my ability to navigate the In-Between to... well, launch people from one adra pillar to another. They'd like the Watcher to participate in the experiments.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This is a straightforward quest that can be started either by talking to Flaune Elette or being sent to her by Director Castol. Talk to her and volunteer (you get a special reaction with a Scientist background). You can also confirm her theory with Intellect 12. Flaune will also mention that it's possible for your party to come along by using the In-Between - something you will use later too.
- Use the machine and focus on the connection point. Instead of landing at the designated farm, however, you'll land in Rymrgand's realm: Realm of the Beast of Winter.
- The road is linear and you will run into a variety of Scourging Blights on the way. The route ends when you come across the Soul Collector, a high level monster. He's slow, so deal with the blights first and then attack it. It responds well to surrounding and debuffs.
- After you deal with it, approach the giant mask and meet the master of this realm, Rymrgand. He will threaten you with annihilation and demand that you inform your animancer friends that they meddle in things beyond their ken - and demand that you inform them to stay away.
- Do note that there's no bonus points for being clever here - if you invite Rymyrgand to attempt to destroy you, he heartily will, without hesitation - so you're best off being agreeable and avoiding the slog of redoing the entire bossfight due to an entirely scripted death event.
- Once you return, it will turn out that your body actually remained back at the Spire, while your mind ventured forward. Faune will apologize, pay you 400 cp, and ask you to report to the VTC HQ while they recalibrate their gear.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Cutscene may hang in 4.0.x.