A Distant Light
|A Distant Light|
Deadfire - Northwest
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Complete the quest
The Veins of Eora
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Eothas has been spotted near Hasongo, an island with a Rauataian outpost and an adra lighthouse. Hasongo can be found to the west of Neketaka.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- To complete this quest, you need to head to Hasongo and make your way through the fort to the lighthouse, in order to commune with Eothas again. The adra vein in the lighthouse has gone dark - a sure sign that Eothas drained it, however a nāga named Sugaan bars the way.
- Sugaan is a treasure trove of information on the past, describing the extinction event that Ondra perpetrated on the archipelago. Unlike most kith, the naga have preserved knowledge of the past to a far greater degree than the Huana, and Sugaan believes that history is wont to repeat itself.
- To convince him to let you approach the pillar to restore it, either:
- Say "Eothas came to reach the adra, not to punish anyone." or "I'm a Watcher. I can restore the adra if you'll just let me near it." then use Metaphysics 6.
- Find Yanass in the cannon rampart and bring her with you. She will convince him on your behalf. If you haven't found Yanass yet, you can still leave and come back later. Sugaan won't attack you if you leave.
- Ask with steel.
- Upon interacting with the pillar, you will commune with Eothas, who will commend you on your efforts and shed a little more light on his plans. He will also explain the Watcher's unique position, in knowing the truth about the gods, despite the interference of the Leaden Key and the Hand Occult. With Metaphysics 4 and Intellect 16, you can identify the nature of the soul link, and Eothas will explain that by severing the tether at Maje Island - due to you contacting him - he had to replenish his soul reserves at Hasongo, rather than continuing on to his destination. Before breaking off, he will also return a portion of your soul to you.
- If you sacrificed one of your companions to Skaen's Blood Pool during the events of Pillars of Eternity, the part of your soul that housed this memory will be returned to you, and you will be given the same permanent boon, granting you a unique bonus depending on the companion sacrificed. Some of these effects differ to account for new mechanics in Deadfire, see Permanent effects for more information.
- If you absorbed the souls in the quest Undying Heritage during the events of Pillars of Eternity, you will be re-granted Gift from the Machine, giving you +1 Might and +5% Max Health.
- If you did neither of these things, you will not be granted a bonus.
- If Sugaan is alive, you can speak to him and can suggest a diplomatic solution. Maia will insist on not letting him walk away, not after the number of dead Rauataians left behind by the nāga. You can pacify her, and she will dutifully comply. Sugaan will also thank you for showing him two new things: Restoring the adra and mercy on part of kith. He gives you the unique amulet Strand of Favor.
- Next stop, Ashen Maw. As you leave Hasongo, you will be greeted by an RDC fleet with Grand Secretary Atsura, who will congratulate you and recommend heading to Neketaka.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||A Distant Light|
|10000||I learned that Eothas has been spotted near Hasongo, an island with a Rauataian outpost and an adra lighthouse. Hasongo can be found to the west of Neketaka.
I may be able to connect to him through the beacon.
|40001||I've reached Hasongo, now the site of a ruined fort. It appears as though Eothas marched through it.
If I can find luminous adra here, I can connect to Eothas again.
|1||Sail to Hasongo.|
|10001||Eothas was last sighted near Hasongo, an island northwest of Neketaka.|
|2||Reach the adra lighthouse on the western end of the fort.|
|10002||The Royal Deadfire Company built a lighthouse around luminous adra. Perhaps that's what Eothas was headed toward when I connected to him at Port Maje.
If I can reach the lighthouse, I might be able to speak to Eothas again.
|20021||The adra lighthouse is on the western end of the fort.|
|20016||I spotted some nāga lurking in the middle of the fort. There might be a way around them.|
|20008||Zuhira mentioned that there might be an intact bombard along one of the outer walls.|
|20015||I found a bombard atop the fort's walls. I might be able to use it against the nāga.|
|20009||I'll need ammunition before I can use the bombard.|
|20010||Zuhira told me someone named Aimuro was making explosive shells for the bombard. His workshop is near the northern gate.|
|20011||I found an explosive shell for the bombard.|
|20012||The bombard is rusted stuck. I'll need something to lubricate it before I can aim it.|
|20013||I found some cooking fat that might loosen up the rusted gears.|
|20014||I turned the bombard to face the group of nāga in the middle of the fort.|
|20017||I've dealt with the large group of nāga in the middle of the fort.|
|20018||Aimuro mentioned two alternate routes to the lighthouse. The first lies atop the fort's walls, while the second passes above the workshop and through the fleet master's office.|
|20022||One of the soldiers warned me that nāga may ambush me if I get close to the water.|
|20023||I found a manual that will help me aim the bombard properly.|
|3||Connect with the luminous adra in the lighthouse.|
|10003||The adra vein in the lighthouse has gone dark - a sure sign that Eothas drained it. I should be able to reach Eothas by making contact with the adra.
However, a nāga named Sugaan bars the way.
|20004||Sugaan thinks the gods are punishing kith for disturbing their adra. That explains why he won't let me near it.|
|20000||Sugaan let me leave, but he warned me not to return.|
|20019||Sugaan let me leave, but he warned me not to return. Not unless I bring one of his dead to corroborate my story.|
|20007||I found the soul of a nāga that witnessed Eothas' draining of the adra. Perhaps this will convince Sugaan.|
|20005||I killed Sugaan.|
|20006||Sugaan has allowed me to approach the adra.|
|8||Find the luminous adra on Hasongo.|
|10008||I've reached an island called Hasongo, and it's clear Eothas has been here, too.
If I can find a source of luminous adra, I can connect to him again.
|-||20020||Before I set sail for Hasongo, I need to find someone to repair my ship. I should look around the docks in Queen's Berth.|
|30000||I connected with Eothas at the lighthouse in Hasongo. He didn't tell me what he's doing - only to seek him at Magran's Teeth.|