A Distant Light
|A Distant Light|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Complete the quest
The Veins of Eora
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Eothas has been spotted near Hasongo, an island with a Rauataian outpost and an adra lighthouse. Hasongo can be found to the west of Neketaka.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- To complete this quest, you need to head to Hasongo and make your way through the fort to the lighthouse, in order to commune with Eothas again. The adra vein in the lighthouse has gone dark - a sure sign that Eothas drained it, however a nāga named Sugaan bars the way.
- Sugaan is a treasure trove of information on the past, describing the extinction event that Ondra perpetrated on the archipelago. Unlike most kith, the naga have preserved knowledge of the past to a far greater degree than the Huana, and Sugaan believes that history is wont to repeat itself.
- To convince him, you need to mention Eothas' interference, that he's not punishing kith for meddling, then use Metaphysics 6 or find Yanass in the cannon rampart and learn of what happened. He will then let you approach the pillar to restore it. You will commune with Eothas, who will commend you on your efforts and shed a little more light on his plans. He will also explain the Watcher's unique position, in knowing the truth about the gods, despite the interference of the Leaden Key and the Hand Occult. With Metaphysics 4 and Intellect 16, you can identify the nature of the soul link, and Eothas will explain that by severing the tether at Maje Island - due to you contacting him - he had to replenish his soul reserves at Hasongo, rather than continuing on to his destination. Before breaking off, he will also return a portion of your soul to you.
- If Sugaan is alive, you can speak to him and can suggest a diplomatic solution. Maia will insist on not letting him walk away, not after the number of dead Rauataians left behind by the naga. You can pacify her, earning Duty points with Aloth and Pallegina. Sugaan will also thank you for showing him two new things: Restoring the adra and mercy on part of kith.
- Next stop, Ashen Maw. As you leave Hasongo, you will be greeted by an RDC fleet with Grand Secretary Atsura, who will congratulate you and recommend heading to Neketaka.