Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
A Dance with Death
|A Dance with Death|
Deadfire - Northwest
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Claim the Floating Hangman
Honor Among Thieves
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The only way to Ukaizo for the Principi starts by gaining command of Lucia Rivan's Floating Hangman. With the Engoliero do Espirs the Watcher is supposed to sail to sea and draw the undead Darcozzi paladin.
Lucia Rivan became a Death Guard because of her undying devotion to an oath she took to protect the Engoliero do Espirs. Aeldys discovered that speaking the dying oath of the Darcozzi while wielding the sword activates an aura which acts as a beacon for Rivan.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to whoever won the power struggle to become pirate leader in Honor Among Thieves. Your job is now to steal a ghost ship - the Floating Hangman, more properly named the Fonferrus - in order to be able to sail it to Ukaizo.
- The only way to draw Rivan out into the open is by speaking the Darcozzi oath before her old sword, Engoliero do Espirs. The sword is currently guarded by Yseyr the Berathian in The Hanging Sepulchers beneath the Sacred Stair in Neketaka. To take it peacefully, you need to be a death godlike, have Perception 20, Religion 8 or you can simply pick pocket it from him, even if he is encountered earlier/before the quest (it will be a Quest item only at that point).
- Sail away from Dunnage, stand on your ship's deck, right-click on the Engoliero do Espirs quest item, and select "Speak the Oath". You are promptly boarded by Lucia Rivan and her undead horde. Unless you are able to pass a Diplomacy +17, Bluff +16 or Metaphysics +15 check, you'll have to smash her and her crew to bits to seize her ship. (If you just hand over the sword, the quest fails unceremoniously.)
- Return to Dunnage to speak with the pirate leader to complete the quest and seal your alliance with the pirates. This will cause all other faction alliance quests to fail.
- Alternatively, you can also just keep your spooky new ship (it's a galleon in terms of mechanics) and sail off, either to look for other allies, or to Ukaizo on your own.
- You can also kill whomever you left in charge of the council instead of turning in the quest, if you wish to keep the Hangman but aren't keen on having these particular pirates roaming the Deadfire. This will, of course, result in A Dance with Death failing, but you're left with a new ship and free to seek out other allies. (Attack via tool bar.)
- Announcing your recently acquired captaincy of the Fonferrus will update the quest, having the Principi awaiting your signal to take their fleet into Ondra's Mortar. The Coming Storm will be completed, and you will start The City Lost to Time.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||A Dance with Death|
|10000||Captain Furrante is convinced that the only way to Ukaizo starts by gaining command of Lucia Rivan's Floating Hangman. With the Engoliero do Espirs in my possession, I'm to sail to sea and draw the undead Darcozzi paladin to me.|
|40001||Aeldys has asked me to meet in Dunnage, from where she plans to organize the hunt for Lucia Rivan's spectral ship, the Floating Hangman.|
|40002||Aeldys is convinced that the only way to Ukaizo starts by gaining command of Lucia Rivan's Floating Hangman. With the Engoliero do Espirs in my possession, I'm to sail to sea and draw the undead Darcozzi paladin to me.|
|1||Speak the Darcozzi Oath with Engoliero do Espirs at sea.|
|10001||Lucia Rivan became a Death Guard because of her undying devotion to an oath she took to protect the Engoliero do Espirs. Aeldys discovered that speaking the dying oath of the Darcozzi while wielding the sword activates an aura which acts as a beacon for Rivan.
I should take the weapon to the sea, and speak those words.
|2||Face Lucia Rivan.|
|10002||I spoke the oath and the sword emitted an energy like a burning flame. Its power has drawn the Floating Hangman, and Rivan, to me. The time to face her has finally come.|
|3||Return to Dunnage with the Floating Hangman.|
|10003||I have successfully acquired the Floating Hangman from Rivan. All that is left is to meet the Príncipi's leader in Dunnage to prepare the fleet for our journey to Ukaizo.|
|6||Sail with the Príncipi into Ondra's Mortar.|
|10006||The Príncipi fleet awaits my signal to set sail.
Once I am ready, the Príncipi are prepared to sail with me into the storms.
|7||Reclaim Engoliero do Espirs from Yseyr the Berathian.|
|10007||The only way to draw Rivan out into the open is by speaking the Darcozzi oath before her old sword, Engoliero do Espirs. The sword is currently guarded by Yseyr the Berathian in the Hanging Selpuchers beneath the Sacred Stair in Neketaka.|
|8||Speak with the Príncipi's leader in the Balefire Beacon of Dunnage.|
|10008||If I'm to find a way to reach Ukaizo through my alliance with the Príncipi then I'm expected to meet its leader in Dunnage. It's time to take on Rivan's Floating Hangman, the Fonferrus.|
|30000||I successfully braved Ondra's Mortar with the help of the Príncipi fleet.|
|30001||Someone critical to this quest has died.|