From Pillars of Eternity Wiki
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Bonuses from equipment and spells that influence the same stat(attributes, skills, Interrupt value, etc.) do not stack with each other. E.g. if you have a +2 bonus to Might and a +3 bonus to might only the +3 bonus will be applied.
- Melee Weapons:
- Ranged Weapons:
- Armor: Robe, Padded Armor, Hide Armor, Leather Armor, Scale Armor, Breastplate, Mail Armor, Brigandine and Plate Armor.
- Shields: Small Shields, Medium Shields and Large Shields.
- Other Equipment
- Special Equipment
Materials[edit | edit source]
- Leather, Wood, Bone.
- Copper – often used to bind souls and magical energy into items. Copper armor was often used by the Engwythans.
- Adra – is a grown, abalone shell-like material, often used to bind souls and magical energy into items. Engwithans used it both as structural elements and for binding purposes in their architecture. Often they would build things like traditional stone arches and grow adra in-between, using it like slow-growing mortar. As their buildings fall apart, it results in impossible-looking/gravity-defying ruins.
Steel[edit | edit source]
- Oromi steel – poor steel
- Glanfathan steel – poor steel
- Wyflan steel – is generally considered as "good" (normal) steel
- March steel – is generally considered as great steel. Emphasize better damage for weapons and better protection for armor.
- Ymyran steel – is generally considered as great steel. Makes weapons faster and armor lighter.
- Durgan steel – steel from the lost forges of Durgan's Battery, items with this steel are no longer made and are highly prized. It combines elements of both March and Ymyran Steel but not to the same extent, though it is generally considered better overall.
- Skein steel – equal to Durgan Steel in quality. Skein steel is made by controlling heat precisely, but it uses animancy to draw a soul’s memories out of a vessel (typically a living body) toward a copper surface, igniting the memories to produce the flame. The contraptions used to control this process allow the smith to adjust the speed of the unraveling and the heat of the flame. Because skein steel requires a steady, continuous flame, it specifically needs a living (preferably old) subject.
Consumables[edit | edit source]
- Thrown "explosion" weapons: They don't use a special skill, but the character's normal Accuracy, sometimes with a modifier from the item itself.
- Drugs: give a strong bonus for a short duration, but after this duration they give a penalty.
- Food and Drinks: can only be used outside of combat and give a long lasting minor bonus.
- Scrolls: cast spells, but require Lore to use.
- Figurines: summon creatures
- Traps: can only be used outside of combat.
- Potions: give short effects that stack with other item and spell effects, but consuming a potion terminates ongoing effects from a potion currently in effect. Consuming a potion will trigger an animation, in combat it is an interrupt-able action, like any other.
Other Items[edit | edit source]
- Items that can be used in scripted interactions and dialogs: Flint and Tinder, Hammer and Chisel, Rope and Grappling Hook, Prybar, Torch, Waterskin.
- Lore Books and other notes