Aedyran is the language of the Aedyr and is spoken in the Aedyr Empire, the Free Palatinate of Dyrwood, and the Penitential Regency of Readceras. Aedyran is derived from the now archaic dialect Hylspeak and Eld Aedyran.
Aedyrans, Readcerans, and Dyrwoodans used to speak a language called Eld Aedyran that is an analogue for Old English/Anglo-Saxon, Old Frisian, bits of Icelandic, and Scots (for Hylspeak, a more contemporary version). j, q, v, and z do not appear in their words and names, though the /v/ sound is found in medial and terminal f. E.g. "Wyflan" is pronounced "WEE-vlan".
Glossary[edit | edit source]
- Ferscönyng (FAYR-co-ning) - first king, human emperor of the Aedyr Empire.
- Héamecwyn/mecwyn - illustrious queen, elven queen of the Aedyr Empire married with the ferscönyng.
- Duc – elected ruler of the Free Palatinate of Dyrwood.
- Gréf palatine – ruler of a palatinate in the Aedyre Empire, helds the authority and legal power over the erls, their holdings, and their titles in his palatinate.
- Gréf – ruler of a gréfram in the Aedyr Empire, has no direct power over the erls.
- Erl – ruler of an erldom in the Aedyr Empire and Free Palatinate of Dyrwood.
- Thayn – nobility title in the Aedyr Empire, that serve under an erl.
- Palatinate – a colony in the Aedyr Empire ruled by a Gréf palatine.
- Gréfram – a colony in the Aedyr Empire ruled by a Gréf.
- Erldom – a small region in the Aedyr Empire ruled by an Erl.
- Haemneg - union, a "marriage" between a married human and elf.
- Hel - The Beyond/The Veiled, i.e. the afterlife, which people associate with going down into the world.
- Godandag - contraction of Gods' Day
- Cönyngsdag - contraction of King's Day
- Mecwynsdag - contraction of Illustrious Queen's Day)
- Folcsdag - contraction of Peoples' Day
- Rytlingsdag - contraction of Children's Day
- Senn Beläfa - The Beloved, one moon of Eora.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Ingame books[edit | edit source]