Map of Dyrford
Temple of Berath
Winfrith's Arms and Armory
Trygil (Armor and Weapons)
Winfrith (Armor and Weapons)
Through Death's Gate|
A Farmer's Plight
Cat and Mouse|
|“||Folk here tend to keep to themselves, as they do in most towns this deep in the Dyrwood. They're suspicious of travelers…||”|
| ~ Harbinger Beodmar
Overview[edit | edit source]
Dyrford was Aedyr seat of power, during the earliest phase of its expansion into the Eastern Reach, new frontiers. The settlement was established by small squadron of Imperial guards, dispatched by the fercönyng(emperor) to protect its citizens, after its explorers were met with resistance from Glanfathan natives. These guards established a central base on a river in the western section of the woods, which would eventually become the city of Dyrford.
While soon after the colony true seat of power was shifted to New Dunryd, at the time Dyrford allowed to cement Aedyr foothold on the area and proceed with permanent Aedyran settlements. Until the revolution Dyrford remained the center for the imperial guard in the region. (likely why it became an isolated village)
The buildings in Dyrford are vaguely Romanesque with a few Renaissance features, but they are built adjacent to much older, rougher remnants of a castle and bridges from centuries ago.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Dracogen Inn
- Dyrford Mill
- Hendyna's Apothecary
- Hendyna's House
- Temple of Berath
- Trygil's Curriery
- Winfrith's Arms and Armory
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Through Death's Gate – Convince the local priest to give you the location of the ruins from the Acolyte's vision.
- A Farmer's Plight – A farmer's pigs were stolen by an Ogre, and you need to find him.
- Blood Legacy – Find Lady Aelys Harond, the daughter of Lord Harond.
- Cat and Mouse – Search the village for a female Orlan… and decide about her fate.
- Nest Egg – Help an alchemist with her cruel restockings.
- Dream and Memory – Take care of somebody's lost memories – and win a companion in the process.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Dengler – One from the folk who has an inn to keep.
- Grieving Mother – A cipher without a party… yet.
- Harbinger Beodmar – A priest with more wounds than blessings.
- Hendyna – An alchemist who has need of the poultices she sells, herself.
- Lord Harond – A lord who is missing his daughter.
- Medreth – A man who is looking for someone.
- Nyfre – A woman who is hiding from someone.
- Rumbald – A pig farmer without pigs.
- Sid – A bard who has many stories to tell.
- Trygil – A currier with an intoxicating odor.
- Winfrith – A dealer in arms and weapons. And words.
- House Harond Guards
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Guildmaster's Staff (see below)
Hidden objects[edit | edit source]
- A Crate at the shore, just after entering the village from the western bridge.
- A Container under a plank in the eastern room of the Dracogen Inn's second floor, with the Guildmaster's Staff.
- A Container in the northern corner of the Dyrford Mill.
- Water in a vat, in Trygil's Curriery.
Plants[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Map of the Temple of Berath
Map of the Dracogen Inn's first floor
Map of Winfrith's Arms and Armory
Map of the Dyrford Mill
Map of Trygil's Curriery
Map of Hendyna's House